BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default anyone know how to make ghillie suits?

does anyone know a good method of making ghillie suits?
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

I'm using little bits from the wood terrain kit (the leaves) and then filling in some of the gaps with green stuff.

Sorry, the picture's not very clear.

Veteran-Sergeant

Not something I've tried personally, but I imagine if you get some small mesh type material, the sort of stuff you'd use for model-scale wire fences, mould it around your model, then get some actual foliage, moss etc. fix it through the mesh, seal in place with a spraypaint, then paint it up how you want it. Might work well, or it might not
    +++The Imperator Contego Indomitable Fortress+++
    +++The 23rd Joint Assault Group+++

both seem like good ideas but i think using moss might make the model stink a bit after a while in the heat, but using the mesh sounds good, ill try it some time and see how it goes thanks
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

Librarian

If you're going for a "body shaped" ghillie suit (like Modern Warfare 2 / real life)

you could just stick a thin layer of the clump foliage directly to the model, leaving out the hands and boots

don't know how this will turn out, but i'm definately going to give it a go
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

good idea thatll look right and be less work than using mesh going for my own guard snipers in ghillie suits like this

Brother-Sergeant

I made ghillie's for my guard snipers the scorched grass flock and just glued it on. It worked really well for them.
    Last edited by LadasN; 05-02-2010 at 11:12 AM.

There was an article on GW's sight a long time ago, back during on their old site, where they had used the really fine metal mesh and draped it over the sniper's they'd modeled and then threaded foliage through the mesh. They finished it off by putting tall grass on the base.

I've never done this technique, but I do remember this article cuz it looked really cool and didn't involve hardly any painting.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

thanks everyone for the tons of different techniques, i might just get that 5 cadian box and try out each technique to see which one works best

I have found some examples that people have done:

[URL="http://s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/topic/178375/1/"]Scroll down to Dave38x.s entry.[/URL]

[URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126013&highlight=elysian+drop+tro ops&page=60"]Some kreig Snipers with Green stuff camo suits[/URL]

hope that helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast