BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thanks for the links masterowen those kreig snipers really do look awesome and the greenstuffing not too hard. that one by dave 38x is awesome but i cant tell how the ghillie suits been made.
    ill try greenstuff, probably the least fiddly of all the techniques. thanks again for all the ideas.
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

Veteran-Sergeant

[URL="http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/11/40k-hobby-paper-tarps.html"]http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/11/40k-hobby-paper-tarps.html[/URL]

Try this. Should be able to add a little on top of the tarps to give it that leafy look and feel.

thats could work too, so now iv got 5 different methods to try out
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

Veteran-Sergeant

I made ghillie suits for my SM scouts a while ago. I used mesh for modeling with clay. I molded the mesh around the models and than spray painted it. I then glued flock to the mesh and used a dull coat to seal it. I didnt glue them on so that the ghillie suits could be removed. It worked so well that I forgot them in forests a few times.

Chapter-Master

Best method I know, I got my old man to make a Squat (yes I said it) sniper for me. I now use it as a vindicare assassin. Take scrap sprue. With a modelling/stanley knife, make 100's of little shavings, all 5mm or less. Then, coat the miniature in liquid poly, and simply sprinkle on - remember at rest the strand of a Ghilllie suit will droop downwards. I will try and post a picture later.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

thanks denzark and vharing, both those ways sound like theyd work really well

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12