BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    This...like DE needed to be nerfed godz dangit! I just started to use DE as my FIRST army, cos people are still crying about Eldar OP...Well, back to the "I-am-gonna-wreck-your-face" -Eldarlists...such fun...not...
    This hasn't been done as a nerf, this is an FAQ to clarify that a rule that most people got wrong because it wasn't clear. The passengers on transports should always have had to fire snapshots if the transport used it's Jink.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    This hasn't been done as a nerf, this is an FAQ to clarify that a rule that most people got wrong because it wasn't clear. The passengers on transports should always have had to fire snapshots if the transport used it's Jink.
    It certainly gives a bit more consideration to the invulnerable saves you can buy skimmers these days. Both flickerfields and holofields now are a seemingly much better value.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Nice to see GW asking for feedback on FAQs. I haven't played 40k in so long I've forgotten 7th ed rules anyway but yay regardless.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
    Continued...

Attachment 18367

Official FB discussion for feedback [URL="https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1610528622601104&id=15756 82476085719"]here[/URL].

Collated 40K DRAFT FAQ
    Why is the second question under ICs have a different answer in the PDF from the FAQ Image? Is this an editing mistake or was there an addendum to the draft FAQ somewhere else?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by inazuma View Post
    Why is the second question under ICs have a different answer in the PDF from the FAQ Image? Is this an editing mistake or was there an addendum to the draft FAQ somewhere else?
    I think GW admitted that this was a rough draft - albeit if I released a draft document to a client in such a haphazard way I'd be talked to.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    It certainly gives a bit more consideration to the invulnerable saves you can buy skimmers these days. Both flickerfields and holofields now are a seemingly much better value.
    You cant buy flickerfields.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    You cant buy flickerfields.
    Been a while since I've played against DE as none of my friends play them.

I thought you could get them on ravagers.
    Oh well.. nevermind!

Initiate

The one question I didn't see cleared up, that seems to be a point of contention in my group:
    Q: Is a Dedicated Transport, purchased for a unit (whatever Battlefield Role) counted as a separate unit for rules purposes (Holding objectives, kill points, First Blood, etc...)? The rules as written seem to imply this is the case, but there is no rule SPECIFICALLY stating it, so people argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfang Skarteef View Post
    The one question I didn't see cleared up, that seems to be a point of contention in my group:
    Q: Is a Dedicated Transport, purchased for a unit (whatever Battlefield Role) counted as a separate unit for rules purposes (Holding objectives, kill points, First Blood, etc...)? The rules as written seem to imply this is the case, but there is no rule SPECIFICALLY stating it, so people argue.
    In the description of dedicated transports in army selection it states:

"Dedicated transports do not use up any force organisation chart selections, but otherwise function as separate units"

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    That grenade ruling is pretty crappy. All of a sudden units that have all haywire grenades are a lot less appealing as an anti-tank alternative.
    I mean it's an annoying ruling, but it's what the rulebook says "Some grenades can be used to make shooting attacks or attacks in the Fight sub-phase, albeit to different effect. Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast