BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

List is legal, if terrible with no scoring to boot. The two troops choices are the Death Company and Death Company Dreadnought.
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Banned

Ah yes, forgot the dread is troops, thought it was another Elite - but yes, too many 'toys', not enough... useful stuff. Also Frag Cannons and no heavy flamer? No Blood Talons on the DC dread? Also how is the DC dread hit in the rear armour? Walkers are always struck on the front armour.

Mephiston and the Sang guard by themselves eat up far too many points, and the lack of scoring is horrible as it's not a maxed out crazy Astaroth and his amazing Death Co list. 450pts for 6 guys? You can get two tac squads for that.

Thank you kiddies for once again failing to read the entire scenario before commenting. At the beginning of the scenario, it's stated this is not an objective based battle - as such, you'd be pretty stupid to focus on scoring units for the sake of scoring units. Why did I expect anyone to read that? I guess I'm an idiot too.

Mephiston, you dim bulb, is an Independent Character killer, and if he'd gotten to the Warboss and Big Mek, he'd have killed them in one combat round. The Sanguinary Guard weren't the best choice for this particular army - pretty typical for someone who's told "Yeah, you're fighting Orks," but not "Yeah, you're fighting 180 Boyz." Blood Talons would be a little more effective at killing Boyz, but wouldn't instant kill characters, which is, duh, what happened to the Warboss.

Anyway, thanks for criticizing without commenting. I can't fix stupid, so feel free to whine where you'll be appreciated.

Jesus, I thought Buffo was bad.

Not much changed around here then.........
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Banned

Personal insults now? Wow, you're really struggling here with the concept that people have different opinions to you aren't you?

So anyways, my point was that when I make a list I generally don't make it to the degree of "I'm fighting Orks in Annihilation, with Pitched Battle deployment."
    It's ususally "I'm fighting someone at the store in a random or agreed at the time setup, so I'll need a list to cover everything". Even if I know the army I don't know the mission.

If I knew I was fighting Orks, regardless of setup, I'd take Blood Talons and flamers my dreads - they can kill most anything pretty easily except Kans and Deff Dreads, which I'd leave to someone else (tac squad with P-fist etc). Getting more wounds in on Orks is never a bad thing, even if they're rolling in Trukks or Wagons
    Giving a dread a frag cannon but keeping the storm bolter is under selling it - it's got a main template weapon so if that's out of range you might as well run him to get closer rather than trying to use 2 S4 shots to do anything, so then might as well replace those with a second template weapon (especially if fighting Orks is a known factor).
    Blood Talons can be used to target the big Mobz with ICs in them (with more than one dread at a time), whittle them down by engaging them away from where the IC is (ie so the IC can't attack, being on the other side of 30 or so boyz), and killing them through breaking and sweeping advance.

Mephiston is an IC killer, but unless the Orkish player has a hard-on for Ghaz, I think against a known Ork attack a better use would be a 150pt Librarian and using the extra 100pts to convert the devs into a Baal - no risk of Raging making their weapons useless, and proof against everything in the Ork codex - or a Chaplain or Sanguinary Priest for better HtH skills.

But regardless of all that, you still didn't adress my point raised about the Death Co dread being hit in the rear in HtH combat:

"Death Company Dreadnought charges Warboss squad.
    Death Company Dreadnought strikes. Assigns all hits to Warboss. 5 attacks. Warboss dies. (Not assigning hits, or splitting them, leave strong odds of Warboss surviving. If hits not assigned, Big Mek and Nob would die, Warboss would survive to attack rear armour. Warboss alone would cause more penetrating hits, and be less vulnerable to Devastators). Big Mek and Nob strike rear armour. "

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    I can't fix stupid
    Clearly

Amazing that you had one solid point in with the four stupid ones. Impressive for your kind.

That being said, you've still completely missed the main point of the thread, so kudos. "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Anyway, feel free to keep being stupid and I'll feel free to keep troll trolling. Whee~

In a friendly spirit of "put up or shut up," post your typical anti-Ork army. You can factor in scoring units or not - dealer's choice.
    Last edited by Judge; 05-04-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Amazing that you had one solid point in with the four stupid ones. Impressive for your kind.

That being said, you've still completely missed the main point of the thread, so kudos. "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Anyway, feel free to keep being stupid and I'll feel free to keep troll trolling. Whee~

In a friendly spirit of "put up or shut up," post your typical anti-Ork army. You can factor in scoring units or not - dealer's choice.
    hehe, I like the way you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post

The ignore feature is your best friend

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post

No, I've just noticed that Judge's threads tend to devolve into this. His mathhammer thread was the same. I try to be neutral, but after the flaming starts I just don't care enough to keep posting.

BTW, welcome back. Got all that stuff worked out, then?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Jwolf Edit:

Enough.
    Last edited by Jwolf; 05-04-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Enough.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast