BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Hmm...this is also the first time in a long time (possibly ever? Memory fails and I wasn't there for the really early days) where we've got Greenskins (albeit weedy Gobbos) physically mutated by Chaos?

Could point to interesting new things ahead. Or two heads. Perhaps even three! Wouldn't be more, because Gobbos can't count that high. Not properly. The old 'boff 'ands, boff feet and yer nose' gets skewed when you've got too many feets and hands and noses.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Hivefleet Cobra-Kai

Pics via [URL="http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/210/690078.page#top"]Dakka [/URL]5-9-2016
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-027.jpg 
Views:	1304 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	18413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-028.jpg 
Views:	1251 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	18414

Yay a sorceress. Shadow dancer is male, at least teh French is using masculine forms while the sorceress is using feminine so...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I hope Tzaangors become a full faction. Love the Sorceress there!
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

Chaos mutated greenskins have been a thing previously, 3rd Edition WFB has a 2-headed goblin on the front cover, but since those days its not something we've seen much of. Very cool to see that idea making a come back!

So, a pal of mine runs a local independent store and has a good relationship with his sales rep and is usually right on the money with these things:

• Rules are similar to the original WHQ, the core concepts and such are there.
    • WHQ will be a range if the sales are good
    • Support is planned for the future with more models and expansions
    • Rules in the box include more than the 6 featured Heroes
    • There is a WHQ App on the way, you can scan new products with the included QR reader and get WHQ rules added to the app (he doesn't know if this means new AoS stuff getting WHQ stats or specific WHQ products, the new AoS stuff already includes a QR code that links to a warscoll though, wouldn't take much to add this functionality to the WHQ app)

Apparently there is more to tell that he can't reveal just yet, but he's very excited.

This year has proven it so far to me, this isn't the GW we're used to dealing with, they're changing and its so exciting.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 05-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Hmm...this is also the first time in a long time (possibly ever? Memory fails and I wasn't there for the really early days) where we've got Greenskins (albeit weedy Gobbos) physically mutated by Chaos?

Could point to interesting new things ahead. Or two heads. Perhaps even three! Wouldn't be more, because Gobbos can't count that high. Not properly. The old 'boff 'ands, boff feet and yer nose' gets skewed when you've got too many feets and hands and noses.
    Chaos Goblins were a thing in third edition, definitely in Slaves to Darkness, but as you point out a very long time ago.

And what Path said.
    Last edited by grimmas; 05-09-2016 at 10:39 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

There's some really nice game pieces in that game. Hope the game holds up to the Warhammer Quest standard, and gets expansions like the prior game.

Rumored starting price is still not that great, but they aren't really marketing these board games to board game players or new customers, they're more for the dedicated GW fan who'll drop $125-$200 on a board game. I don't agree with that approach (because I want more exposure to bring in more new players), but eh... guess they've conceded the board game market to FFG.

This bodes well for the Aelves when we see those released, I think, love both of those.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

First-Captain

Comparing Warhammer Quest (RRP £95) with Decent: Second Edition (RRP £64) you have a game with more models and of a much higher standard of production and design. The models in Warhammer Quest are also usable in Age of Sigmar (and potentially AoS models are usable in WHQ) and have more value. In terms of value, this isn't a raw deal, you're getting over 50 miniatures for that cost, as well as cards, floor pieces, dice and tokens.

Look at Super Dungeon Explore, I recently got the v2 Forgotten King version, the RRP of that is £80, the models are cute and decent enough but they're not going to entertain a painter and hobbyist, the quality isn't good enough, there are no alternative poses and the material isn't great to paint but that's fine as they're game pieces. You're getting a similar number of models to what's expected from The Silver Tower but again, they're just so much higher quality from GW compared to the pure board game market.

Basically, if you're looking at board games, £95 isn't actually that much compared to a lot of other big box games, especially when you factor in the quality of the components.

Brother-Captain

Is comparison in that way necessarily fair, is anyone else making Boardgames like the one's GW does with the level of quality we seen in the miniatures we've seen so far. Apples and Oranges?
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast