BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    FLAILING EXCITEMENT!!!!

Roll on Saturday.
    Calm down a bit there... Pre-orders are Saturday. You won't have it in your hands until the next Saturday. Don't want ya getting too excited and then recognizing that last second and having a deflation attack or anything.

On the other hand, if you pace it right, that gives you almost two weeks to build up excitement to be loosed upon opening the box. (Just, ah, don't break your new toys in the frenzy of opening.)
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

I'm going to Warhammerfest on Saturday, so there's at least an outside chance I may be able to pick it up there and then.

And if I can......NERDGASM!!!!!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Mist weaver would make for a decent Shadowsweer alternative model. Which is nice. Shard bloke likewise could make a decent Wych with Hydra Gauntlets - or potentially even an alternative Solitaire gone full 'Oogedyboogedy' on the charge?
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-10-2016 at 01:25 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I would like to say that the only thing I enjoy about FFG is their art. Whoever writes their rules is should be immediately fired.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Flag on the play.

Intentional Criticism of anyone other than GW.

10 yard penalty and 10mins in the sin bin

We'll have no more of that no one knows where it could lead, people may start mentioning that PP need to try harder with their miniatures.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

To be fair, I also really dislike 40k's rules currently. Too cluttered, not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Age of Sigmar has spoiled me for all games
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    To be fair, I also really dislike 40k's rules currently. Too cluttered, not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Age of Sigmar has spoiled me for all games

The penalty still stands.

Despite your excellent reasoning I might add.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Main thing I want to know....is there an equivalent to the Roleplay book from the original?

It doesn't seem so from the pics, but could be coming as a separate product (Roleplay book was quite daunting to NooBs, and could be seen as a bit off putting, seeing as this is intended as a complete gaming experience in a box).

- - - Updated - - -

I'll just park this here. Lifted off the FB group, actual origin Unknown.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	636 
Size:	200.8 KB 
ID:	18429

Bit of a drag that you have to pay, but it does open the game up massively - being able to field any hero model in a Dungeon means a group can tailor their own party to their collections - so depending on how much it is (I'd be happy up to and including a fiver).

Now, add in a book of gribblies so I can field pretty much any unit as a dungeon populace, and you've got never ending gaming gold right there!

Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-10-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Chapter-Master

adding in any existing warhammer character is pretty huge
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Oops, apologies - it's 'almost' every hero miniature.

So no Nagash is my guess. Which makes sense. He'd just get wedge in the door, and knock his silly hat off.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast