BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Are you sure that you're using Vortex of Doom correctly? It's a heavy weapon and if he's not in Terminator armor you can't be moving and using the power. That said, why not try some terminators instead of your vanguard vets?

oh yeh, that game was the first time id used vortex and yes i realised half way through the game, and iv got 10 termies, armed with chainfists and two with heavy flamers with a termie chaplain which i use in apocalypse games, other than that ill think ill stick with the list i came up with in my last post
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

I think you might have too many elite choices in that list but thats easy to fix you could swap your librarian for a master of the forge and move all your dreads to HS

Battle-Brother

If you're still reading, or care, I think you've got a fun list! You seem real confident about your tactical squads being in cover, I'd really advise at least give them some rhinos or drop pods maybe just give them plasma guns or flamers with missle launchers(very versatile). But really, two full Sternguard squads is alot in 2000 pts so sacrifice the Vanguard and Librarian for that set up. And get some shooty termintors, and they can deepstrike off your locator beacons, also some land speeders can be fun as well, deepstriking off the locator beacons and blasting away. A 10 man assault squad might perform better than the Vanguards, but I like Vanguards and I take them anyway, and Legion of the Damned as well! I love dreads of all kinds and two is always better than one. But they can get blasted easily. Take some cheaper safer stuff, and some of the cooll stuff as well, the lists you have so far are fragile and hard to win with, probably in your group as well. Of course, buying and painting all that stuff is another story!
    Last edited by doublek666; 05-03-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: typo

yep still reading the thread now and again and after looking through the list and a little test play
    i think i prefer a more defensive play with the fists so my list as it stands is now

pedro kantor

librarian w/ epistolary

10 tactical marines w/ plasma gun, plasma cannon, powerfist

10 sternguard w/ powerfist, 2 flamers

10 sternguard w/ powerfist, 2lascannons

predator w/ lascannons, hunterkiller

venerable dred w/ extra armour
    drop pod w/ deathwind, locator beacon

"Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bad moon on afull moon View Post
    yep still reading the thread now and again and after looking through the list and a little test play
    i think i prefer a more defensive play with the fists so my list as it stands is now

pedro kantor

librarian w/ epistolary

10 sternguard w/ powerfist, 2 flamers

10 sternguard w/ powerfist, 2lascannons

predator w/ lascannons, hunterkiller

So I'm a little confused, what's with the locator beacons? And are you giving you stern guard and tact squads any sort of transports? Or did you just forget to list that?
    Dropping the ven dred to just dreads frees up enough points to buy few more transports for you boys.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

no transports for the sterns or tacticals as i like the defensive, almost last-standish feel to the army and the locator beacons home whichever dred comes in second turn, the sternguard with libby if they teleprt to support the dred as well as the 10 terminators when i add the extra 1000pts for apocalypse

Battle-Brother

Personally, giving the sternguard 2 lascannons is a waste of points in my opinion... Having checked the entry in the codex it's actually cheaper to take a 5 man sternguard unit with 2 lascannons then a devastetor 5 man unit with 2 lascannons. That leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Personally I don't believe in sternguard giving up their boltgun, they are outstanding for their costs and giving them lascannons negates alot of their mobility and adaptability. If you can use extra points, you can drop one of the locator beacons.

Something else just dawned on me, you've got 4 elite choices, which is fine for apocalypse but unusable for normal games.
    You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

oh yeah oops better change that list again , about the lascannons, i tried out the list and i think i agree with u that its pointless

Battle-Brother

how did the game go? What race did you play?
    You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast