BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

The more people use those bits, the more visible they become, so the sculptors get the benefit, and GW might finally notice the demand is out there
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Puppets was what convinced me I should do a oriental style Marine chapter but thanks for the Statuesque link.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The more people use those bits, the more visible they become, so the sculptors get the benefit, and GW might finally notice the demand is out there
    Definitely worth it for getting sculptors noticed.

But as for GW changing their way? Well, I want to be hopeful, but...

Well...

AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

They are moving in the right direction, however slowly.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

GW are building up a whole new library of digital 3D sculpts. I know for a fact GW started 'changing their ways' about 10 years ago. But that change has been so radical (and may have got of to a false start) to everything they do it's taken them a decade just to reproduce the old stuff and that's still a task they haven't quite finished. But I'm also in no doubt that AoS is their excuse to add brand new styles onto the existing library. That's exactly why they have restarted the fantasy setting, so they can introduce new stuff and styles, which will also bleed over into 40K. But as is obvious, they haven't even finished releasing the revamped old stuff for AoS yet. Although if you ask me, 10 years to completely change a design process and then redesign 20 years worth of back catalogue wasn't actually bad going, especially when you consider nobody in the world had actually done that before and very very few people in the world really though 3D printing was going to have such a huge effect on plastic injection molding and that not one single person had the slightest clue what they where doing.

Chapter-Master

Leman Russ's sword looks a bit more chaotic than I'd have expected, but I suppose they're going for a barbarian look.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    They are moving in the right direction, however slowly.
    Well these things do take both time and money. I would point out that as we know AoS is has shown to be rather different on this score so there is an obvious change of direction (I would be interested to know if more ladies took up the hobby on finding out Stormcasts are created from female heroes as well as male ones).

Good work on the pictures thank you very much.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

No worries

Soon as I got in, swooped to the retail stands to get some bits, then straight up the stairs to get snapping before everyone else had the same idea.

Can totally recommend attendance. It's far more relaxed than Gamesday used to be, but somehow feels like there's more to do.

Chapter-Master

Mystery, import your pics into imgur and rotate them, then edit your post with the replacement image? When you're bored or something at work.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

The what now?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast