BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    First-Captain

So you think being a woman is a sign of deviancy and you can't be in uniform if you're a woman? Yeah, no sexism in that statement.

Blood Bowl models look nice. Little bit "eh?" at the very prominent weapons they've got (which seems to be just completely blowing past "skirting the rules" to full-blown "forget there's any rules about weapons"). But that's the only quibble. The season concept was an obvious one to roll with, especially seeing others having success with it. Should work well. Basically just normal expansions, but being called "Seasons" gives a theme to them. If they do all teams with special dice and tokens, that'll be cool, but the cost needs to be kept in hand. I think people would be okay with $60 for a team (12 players plus goodies), but past that and it started getting iffy. That should give a respectable margin, though. VERY happy to hear the rules are staying pretty much the same!

I also like seeing new Hobbit stuff on the horizon. Hobbit/LotR was a fun game. It'd be nice to see more in GW stores, but at least it's something, and maybe some day it'll be back in the stores.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Brother-Sergeant

'Male miniatures are who I want to be.'
    Just gonna put this out there but if you seriously think a 8 foot tall steroid rage fueled genetically engineered religiously brainwashed phychotic eunuch is in any way a male archetype worth aspiring to, you need to see a shrink.

And I'll support GW doing more to support different types of female body shapes when they stop portraying males as something other than being built like a brick **** house or being so dangerously emaciated by psychic powers and or technology their basically a walking corpse.

Then again this is 40K and maybe the models are sculpted to extremes for a reason.

Anyway Warhammerfest was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    So you think being a woman is a sign of deviancy and you can't be in uniform if you're a woman? Yeah, no sexism in that statement.
    Don't recall stating either of those facts. Seems to me more like you are looking for statements that aren't there in order to feel reinforced in your particular political ideology.
    What I did say was that I want them all uniform. As in my models all have the same damn helms, shoulder pads, etc. I file down a lot of things or spend extra money buying bitz that are the exact same. Since the male models are common therefore that is what I have. If the female models were common that is what I would have. Understand now?
    I don't want diversity in my sci fi and unrealistic army game models. This game is not an accurate description of "real life" yet you seem to be under the impression that it is.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213