BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Actually, the FAQ they released specified the exact opposite of this. Ordnance causes all other weapons to snap fire, even on Heavy vehicles, even if you plan to fire the Ordnance weapon last.

However, two Ordnance weapons with the same name fire at the same time, so they don't force each other to Snap Fire. This makes Hellstrikes sorta-kinda useful.
    Feh. Was holding out hope that since GW always has pictures of Leman Russ tanks with Battle Cannons and sponson weapons they meant them to be able to fire them all the whole time and just worded the rules badly. I guess it is true that hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

As someone with plenty of Leman Russes, I share your disappointment.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Battle-Brother

Hopefully we get them to realize that community involvement benefits everyone, and hopefully (although doubtful) get them to realize that balanced rules require less FAQs and let them focus more on supplements/campaigns and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Honesty Mode.....

I've not really read the above responses. Because 8 pints.

But have the responders asked of GW? Seems now is very much the time All bets are off!
    I need to find a proper email address. I think my thoughts, especially fleshed out, would be more than a simple Facebook message could handle. Probably the same old [email][email protected][/email] address. Also good to send an email because then there's a record of your comments that can get forwarded or printed out and passed around if they decide it warrants other views.

Also, if those aren't eight pints of Russian Imperial Stout or something harder (if you can find anything legal that's harder in the beer realm), then eight pints shouldn't be phasing you.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

8 pints of Harvey's Best Bitter on an empty stomach'
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Okay, empty stomach might excuse you a bit. Otherwise, eight pints should be about the time the party gets started.

Doesn't seem there's anywhere close to be that has that particular drink available. Shame. Would have been nice to try. Best option to find something like that locally is World of Beer, but looks like they don't have it. On the other hand, if you see something on their menu ([url]https://worldofbeer.com/FindABeer/Southside[/url]) that you recommend I try from the UK, let me know. I've still got gift cards from a couple years ago I need to use.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Brother-Captain

Considering you'll feel comfortably full at 3 pints of fluid and your stomach will outright burst at 8.5 pints or so, I am going to assume you mean that much consumed over the course of a day and not in one go.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

An evening.

I'm a big fella, and can drink like a fish.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Banned

Heh, even though I have lots of Irish, German, French, and English in my ancestral tree and too close to 300 lbs, I am pretty sure 8 pints would likely make me beyond sick. My only experience with non-rubbing alcohol is Nyquil.

Nor have I any interest in starting. I have an addictive personality as it is, I don't need Alcoholsim added to my internal resume.

I got a sign from God that 13 pints of Guinness in one evening was too much... last one had a bit of glass in the bottom (which you can't see, because stout). Coughing up a bit of glass and spitting out blood is an uncomfortable situation. (Proprietor freaked out a bit, too, especially when she asked if I was okay and I croaked out, "No, I just coughed this up in the bathroom" and produced the piece of bloody glass. Damnedest thing is, there were no broken dishes around, so no idea where it came from.

Stopping at eight is probably a good idea.

Also, the secret is to pace yourself and make good use of the facilities.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast