BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yarp.

Mr Shaun got one at Warhammerfest. To be honest, it's a good bit dinkier than I originally though, but it's a gorgeous looking kit! Oh, and I know the weapons it comes with. Ready?

2 x Long Barrelled Cyclic Ion Blasters
    2 x Long Barrelled Burst Cannon
    Swiftstrike Railgun
    Barracuda Ion Cannon
    Heavy Burst Cannon (may be long barrelled too, can't recall off the top of me head)
    4, count 'em, 4 Support Missiles
    Decoy Drone (mounted on the back)
    2 x Missile Pods.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Hmmm. Has more weapons than it can actually fire. Not this again Forge World!

I imagine the Swiftstrike Railgun will be a weaker version that either gets more shots, or ignores Jink saves. The Barracuda Ion Cannon will be interesting, unsure how it will differ. Looking forward to seeing the rules for this. It might be the aircraft Tau need to actually be relevant in the skies!
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Hmmm. Has more weapons than it can actually fire. Not this again Forge World!

I imagine the Swiftstrike Railgun will be a weaker version that either gets more shots, or ignores Jink saves. The Barracuda Ion Cannon will be interesting, unsure how it will differ. Looking forward to seeing the rules for this. It might be the aircraft Tau need to actually be relevant in the skies!
    Most of those weapons are just options you get in the kit, not everything it has!

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    Most of those weapons are just options you get in the kit, not everything it has!
    I know, I meant that with the spinal weapon, two hard-mounted missile pods, and two turret-mounted weapons in the rear, that brings it up to 5, whereas a Flier can only fire 4 weapons at full BS. Same problem as my Avenger, which has six weapons, (though one is an utterly useless Heavy Stubber pointing backwards on the top with Skyfire, so it never gets fired.)

Missile Pod is twinlinked, I think?

We've not seen the rules yet, but that solves the issue.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Nothing wrong with having more weapons than you can fire, allows flexibility
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

But muh guns, Kirsten. Muh guns.

Chapter-Master

Flexibility, and you can never have too many guns
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

You can if you pay through the nose for them. Aircraft Missile Launchers are 40pts for a pair, don't get Frag mode, and mean something is going to snap fire. Meh, that's just my personal annoyances with little things in GW rulesets that just don't seem thought-through. :/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123