BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think the way the villain was lended itself to a good ending for him, and I don't think this is the last we'll see of them. That moment with the cat was pretty cool at the end, and a good plot point for both characters.

I'm glad I watched Winter Soldier the weekend before, because it was a surprisingly important movie to the plot of movies released after it. Haven't watched Ant Man yet, but knew enough to work with his character. Winter Soldier is just great, though, so I'd recommend it anyway.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

It's more the villain in the begin that I kinda hope to see again. I could see him being a major plot point/ baddie in a different movie; him and Bacroc <sp> as team up in 'Black Widow'? Give it enough action to a more spy movie?
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Duck View Post
    The thing that I wonder about is it seems that all the baddies in the MSU seem to a suicidal streak in them. Come on, they're going to have to start reviving <RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!> in some of the later movies just so the Hero has someone to fight.
    To be fair, DC movies, particularly Batman, have been doing it forever. It was to the point of amazing that Ledger's Joker wasn't killed.

But, I agree. So many of the big baddies have lasted for a long time and did not show a proper death like they show in the cinematics.

First-Captain

Having watched all the 'series' so far, Have to say they've kept a fairly good record.

Love the twist over who really killed Tony's parents, we Know from Winter Soldier it was Hydra, but that was a twist.

Loved the Fight at the Airport, really showed off the abilities of all the heroes very well.

I did get more of an 'Avengers Disassembled' feel from it then a 'Civil War' feel though.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Saw it the other night, I'd rank it as my third favourite MCU film behind Avengers and Winter Soldier, but the big thing I feared would happen with it happened, specifically that because they ballsed up the relationship between Tony and Steve from Avengers forward, and because a lot of the teams had never worked with each other before or not extensively there was very little emotional impact to them actually fighting. This film should not have been Civil War, it should have been a Team Cap building film to prepare the way for Civil War, and we should have got another Avengers film with both Team Cap and Team Iron Man working together closely to build that inter-personal relationship.

The twist about Howard and Maria Stark didn't come as much of a surprise to me because its been a super popular fan theory since Winter Soldier hehe.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    The twist about Howard and Maria Stark didn't come as much of a surprise to me because its been a super popular fan theory since Winter Soldier hehe.
    Was it? How the heck have I missed that Fan theory?

I do agree though, the emotional level of the Avengers tearing apart wasn't quite there, I felt it was far too much emotinally geared towards Steve and Tony, though I did enjoy the nods towards the Vison's feelings for Wanda.
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Chapter-Master

it did resolve a little quickly for me. the end fight was awesome, but then they all just kind of get over it. I do think that is entirely possible, and suggests the depth of feeling they have for each other, and their growing maturity. but still, it was a little neat. I felt Cap's team was a little bit thrown together, there isn't much reason given for Hawkeye to side with them, he just kind of does, Falcon follows Cap, Ant Man follows Falcon, Wanda follows Hawkeye, it would be nice to get more of an idea about their feelings for the actual supposed reason for it all. still thoroughly enjoyed it though
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

You had like a dozen heroes, and the non-hero characters as well. It still felt more cohesive than BvS. And I'm not sure it was "resolved" that much. Cap had to go to Wakanda to have Bucky stored somewhere safe, and since they went after the guy who actually killed T'challa's father, he didn't have much reason to hate Bucky or Cap any more. Tony's likely just glad he actually survived.

Actually, about that... It seemed like for so long they were suggesting Tony's suit is powered by the same arc reactor keeping him alive. Did that change when I didn't notice? If not, Cap putting his shield through the reactor to shut down the suit should have killed Tony. (And I'm wondering if they'll ever mention that, that Cap nearly did kill Tony in order to defend a guy who, albeit brainwashed, did indeed kill Tony's parents.)
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Iron Man 3 - no more shrapnel threatening Tony's Ticker
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'll have to pop that in some time and watch it again. Forgot about that bit.

Luckily, found the whole trilogy on Blu-Ray for a nice price, but I've only gotten around to re-watching the first one. I last watched IM3 when it was in theaters.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast