BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nemissary's Nurgley Traitors and Mutants Blog

I figure I have started and stopped so many little blogs here and there that it was high time to make one of current projects and highlight some of the older stuff. This way, I will have all my stuff in one place (finally)

To start things off:

Nurgle TraitorGuard Vet squad and the "Dumpster" Chimera.

Comments, critiques welcome. This is actually my first vehicle ever and first time doing weathering on that scale with powders, oils etc. Tried to make it match a local dumpster in coloration.

I am currently constructing 2 Infantry squads and a conscript squad for the month of May. Will throw some pics up later.

Brother-Captain

Awesomely creepy. I love the guy with the flamer. I'm not seeing the Chimera pic, though.

Hmm.. the Dumpster is here:

I'm fairly new to posting here and I think i may have double posted on my own thread or something silly like that. If I did, i hope the mods forgive me and delete the other one

HvyFlamer guy:

the chimera doesnt look much like a dumpster but is really well painted anyway
    "Huddle close to your Emperor if he makes you feel safe. He cannot save you, for only Chaos is eternal....." Endemion, Captain of the Iron Warriors

Great stuff! I think I've mostly just seen your converting before, but your painting is ace too.

These guys show how even some relatively simple changes and choices like head swaps or the uneven track guards can really change a look/feel.

Thanks guys!

I am doing an Infantry Platoon this month. it will consist of 50 conscripts, 2 infantry squads, Plt. Cmd. squad, Commissar and a Chimera. I have untill the end of May to be completed with this.

The beginnings of my conscripts:

It all looks really good so far.

Librarian

Cool stuff, using the Skaven bodies is a smart idea.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Chaplain

They look great! I really like the verdigris effect on the gong.

@Badmoon: the camo green with the worn spots and streaks of rust are based on a RL dumpster by our game store and is a close match. That is why I dubbed it the dumpster

@person person: Thanks! I chose the Skaven bodies because I wanted the conscripts to be easily distiguishable from my normal Traitor. My vision is that they are little dregs and mutant slaves that were used in mines and factorums and now they have rebelled. So, they are not good soldiers like the dedicated TraitorGuard.

@Kahoolin: I have mixed up my own verdigris from Vallejo verdigirs (it is too light) and some GW scaley green. I love the way verdigris looks and would like to work it into more models.

close up:

I am torn on the exact colors to use on the conscripts. Should I use the camo green like my Vet Squad or should I go for more of the blue-green highlighted with a little camo-green like my Ogryn?

reference pic:

Last edited by Nemissary; 05-05-2010 at 08:16 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast