BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I went with mostly camo green robes on my conscripts (because I have that in a spray can). I will have to dirty them up a little though and make them look lowlier than your avg. cultist

I haven't got a pic up of them because there isn't a ton of progress besides the base coat of Camo green.

I do have a pic of my WIP Ogryns for my next grouping of them. These will be added to my 3 above and I will eventually have a total of 20... just for kicks.

Throw some comments or criticisms on any portion of this blog. You guys need to help me improve all of my modelling and painting skills. :nod:

Here is another side project that I am tinkering with as I make the conscripts. Tanks that I can have as Chimera or Hellhounds or Banewolves etc etc. Just a simple use of magnets and plasticard.

I have a ton of old tanks from Ebay, most of them are just partial kits or heavily damaged or covered in thick paints, but I will cobble them all together into something.

Librarian

The old Hellhound will look great with your painting and conversion!
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Thanks person person!

A little update. Here is the current status of the 50 Conscripts and the 25 Guardsmen for the month of May:

I still need to go in and touch them up, do some highlights and pick out details like eyes etc. I think they are coming along and I may just make my promise for completing them in one month.

As always, comments and criticisms welcome.
    Last edited by Nemissary; 05-18-2010 at 05:54 PM.

Librarian

Amazing job, man. They look good and Chaos-y, and I love how the conscripts look like mutant slaves that finally had enough and said "**** this" and went traitor.

All around, great character, stellar painting, and cool theme.

@Commissar Lewis: Thanks! The slave revolt thing is exactly the army idea I have been trying to wrestle into a story. Right now I just have the basic idea of Mutant slaves in the mines joining forces with rebellious/corrupted guards and/or PDF and moving out into space to wreak havoc after they escape the good ole homeworld.

Very nice conversions. I like the paint jobs as well. The Skaven bodies are a very nice touch!
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

Brother-Sergeant

they really are creepy.

I'd hate to meet them on a dark ally
    40k in Aggieland-- PM me for info
    40k in Middle Tennessee

Oath Completed!!! 75 models in one month, including a musician just for kicks!

I weathered the bottoms of the robes and added my usual water effects/swamp details to many of the bases.

The 50 conscripts are the lower slaves and the 25 IG (2 ten man squads and a 5 man Pltn Cmd) are the overseer mutant slaves that are helping to lead the revolt.

I decided that my Platoon with conscripts could not be complete without a 76th model. Here is the attached Commissar. I painted him today (31st).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast