BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

two blue horrors coming out of a pink horror
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

aw, thats a shame
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	18594

From the frontpage because I've got seen it mentioned. Nice
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

ooo forge world doing a fimir army for AoS perhaps?
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

It's a possibility.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Age of Sigmar allows a lot more of the esoteric stuff really given the smaller faction sizes. you couldn't do an army of them in Warhammer, but a faction with a character and a few units? much easier.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    ooo forge world doing a fimir army for AoS perhaps?
    The unit is still available so it looks like a distinct probability.

From memory of old lore, a Fimir tribe is led by a female witch hag, with a group of magic users below her (if memory serves they were adept demonologists) and then came a warrior caste which had it own levels, noble, warrior and the like.

I'd say even without addition there'd be enough for an AoS faction, as Kirsten mentions they don't need to be the sprawling affairs WFB armies were.

That looks like Orion's spear in her hand. Guess she went full-on in taking on the wood elf aspects.

Beetle seems a bit odd, but I'm sure it makes sense, if I sit and think for a while about nature. And it's not the usual deer, wolves, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    Age of Sigmar allows a lot more of the esoteric stuff really given the smaller faction sizes. you couldn't do an army of them in Warhammer, but a faction with a character and a few units? much easier.
    WFB would have allowed for that kind of stuff, if they'd embraced Skirmish and Warbands rather than kicking them to the curb to focus on trying to sell larger armies. It really wasn't a problem with WFB that AoS solved. Much like how AoS is getting a load of attention that WFB wasn't getting, the problem is that GW ignored WFB and the things that'd help it, until they killed it and replaced it. It's like someone neglecting their pet and watching it die of hunger, thirst, and a lack of social interaction, taking it out back to shoot it, and bringing home a new puppy they actually act like they care about, and everyone acts like the new puppy is so much better than the old one because the new puppy is full of energy.
    Last edited by Erik Setzer; 05-16-2016 at 12:08 PM.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Brother-Captain

On the subject of Fimir I stuck it I my search engine and turned up this little gem.

[url]http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/2014/04/07/bizarre-bestiary-fimir/[/url]

It's a really interesting look at how a race is created for one of these games and a glimpse into the craziness of early GW.

I'd always wondered about the Zoats...

Chapter-Master

I wish more fantasy went back to folklore for inspiration really. Theres so much weird and cool stuff, I particularly like japanese folklore, but everyone just prefers to tread the tired old tropes instead, not that most SF is any better though as they all want to be star wars, starship troopers, terminator and aliens.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast