BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Da Krate!

If they don't release it to FB, it'll be an interesting experiment to see how far Word of Mouth gets them, though. They can track number of Hits and number of Email Signups over time to see how it propagates.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Hmm...about halfway there.

Which is interesting....because on Saturday when I first signed up, it was about a quarter of the way there.

Methinks the counter is in fact a timer.....but still, sign up anyways, just in case.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Now, I saw somewhere that Warhammer World are, for this weekend only, selling a selection of classic Blood Bowl Star Players, including Rasta Tailspike, Lewdgrip Whiparm and Frank'n'Stein....

Which got me thinking....if this is a Loot Krate, could it include short runs of old, collectors style models? Pretty sure I'd sign up for that, me.

Well, I say somewhere. I should say the WW Facebook page.

Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It depends on whether GW even have the old stuff in moulds or stock. Might be a half-decent way to justify them, though. Get a bunch of monthly subscriptions so you've got a guaranteed number of buyers each month, and every month you recommission a mould from a master to make models for them, making a little money in the process.

Pad it out with a fluff pamphlet and some other, random stuff and there you go. I personally don't rate the Loot Crate, but it'd possibly be interesting for others.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Yup.

Even if it's intended as an attention grabbing 'good will' type box thing, if it's subscription based it could be hard to lose money on, even if it's not necessarily profitable for them.

Who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

It might not even be a Loot Crate equivalent. Seems quite possible, but we just don't know owt beyond the name.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    It depends on whether GW even have the old stuff in moulds or stock. Might be a half-decent way to justify them, though. Get a bunch of monthly subscriptions so you've got a guaranteed number of buyers each month, and every month you recommission a mould from a master to make models for them, making a little money in the process.

Pad it out with a fluff pamphlet and some other, random stuff and there you go. I personally don't rate the Loot Crate, but it'd possibly be interesting for others.
    A nice T-shirt (The only reason that loot crate interests me), older model (plastic, metal, or heck failcast), a pot of paint or brush, a code to an extra secret how-to paint on line, an conversion how to (with parts list), random bits, a nice cup for tea/ paint water. The list could be unlimited, and I could see a goodly number of people signing up, if the quality was there and stayed high.
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

Banned

I just signed up for it. It piqued my interest...

Anyway, it says 'git the ekklusiv gear' which to me can only mean that it is a loot crate.

I like the little bits and bobs they give out when you order stuff from the GW store, so this could be worth a little look in. As long as it's not priced out the wazoo!

If this thing comes with ekklusiv minis, I reckon it'll go off like a frog in a sock.
    Last edited by Lord Manton; 05-18-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post

The "get X number of sign ups to reveal info" is a trick to get emails to market to.
    I'm already on three GW mailing lists, it's not like it's new info to them

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

absolutely

I did add my email to this, nut to be honest a loot crate style thing wouldn't interest me. I don't want a room full of random tat I will never do anything with.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    absolutely

I did add my email to this, nut to be honest a loot crate style thing wouldn't interest me. I don't want a room full of random tat I will never do anything with.
    Translation : More money for titans :P
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast