BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

If they are going 8mm then that should help the detail even more.
    Don't really see the benefit.
    A lot of players do not paint at all. A lot of players that do paint are barely able to paint a "big model".
    Details really dont matter if they get plastered with an inch of paint.

I know, and it makes sense to release it then expand it with 40k expansions to add xenos and more familiar races, I just personally have very little interest in it at present.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    after four years of pretty much nothing but ****ing HH from FW I'm completely over it, I'd be happy never to see another HH Marine release in my life.
    Whilst I would normally agree with you... I <3 titans to an unreasonable degree so yeah you're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    A lot of players do not paint at all. A lot of players that do paint are barely able to paint a "big model".

I will probably change my mind when I see a platic filled box of titans and buildings.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I just want 1000's of epic necrons myself.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Banned

I will probably change my mind when I see a platic filled box of titans and buildings.
    "probably"

You know, I can't for the life of me remember if they did confirm or deny a Calth type boxed set to launch the game....

Main thing I'm concerned about is a variety of weapons for the Titans. From launch.

And not in say, four packs where really I only want two of them.

- - - Updated - - -

I never really liked Epic that much, didn't like how blobby the infantry looked but with modern design and production they might be able to get them looking nice even at 6mm scale. I have to admit I'd love to see how a modern aesthetic Dark Eldar army would look, just imagine some of the larger vehicles and monsters they could field... I don't have much interest in Horus Heresy Adeptus Titanicus anymore because after four years of pretty much nothing but ****ing HH from FW I'm completely over it, I'd be happy never to see another HH Marine release in my life.
    There is an intention to cover other races if the game proves successful
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    I still think they should explore the war in heaven setting for epic.
    That'd be an amusing setting for a BFG expansion. After all, the Talismen of Vaul were created to be weapons to kill C'tan. (Good job to the Imperium and Abaddon getting most of them smashed. That'll make it a bit harder to take down a C'tan once one of them reforms or wakes up.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    There is an intention to cover other races if the game proves successful
    That's problematic... There might be a lot of people who want something more than just Imperial Titans facing each other, and would hold out until other stuff is released. But if there aren't enough sales of the initial box, they won't produce the stuff people want to buy. There could be a lot of money left on the table, and the game might die out, just because people want to spend their money on non-Imperial stuff that's never released because they won't spend money on Imperial stuff they don't want. It's like telling people they either have to buy something they don't want, or they won't have a game.

Hopefully there'll be enough people who are interested in Imperials, but it's still iffy.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    That'd be an amusing setting for a BFG expansion. After all, the Talismen of Vaul were created to be weapons to kill C'tan. (Good job to the Imperium and Abaddon getting most of them smashed. That'll make it a bit harder to take down a C'tan once one of them reforms or wakes up.)
    I just shamelessly want a threeway all-out battle between c'tan/necrons, old ones and their allies and enslaver plagues. it would be glorious and a refreshing counter to the horus heresy and 40k being imperial focussed. Instead you could show how different these civilizations were at the height of their powers and go into a lot of detail, enslaver plagues would give the setting the hardcore lovecraft aliens that is IMO badly needed (also at the height of their power) - you could have the old ones as non-humanoid aliens, as well as stuff like krork, hrud, the powerful eldar empire that dominated ect.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

First-Captain

As something like 50% of total 40k sales are Imperials, they can easily judge any expected demand for other races and if its viable to produce them.

If it works and you sell x number of copies, you know you can expect to sell y% of Eldar because you have 25 years of sales data comparing sales of Imperium armies with Xenos.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    More people paint and don't play than play and don't paint. You just don't see them because painting is a solo hobby. Models will always be the focus of GW.
    Last edited by Path Walker; 05-19-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast