BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Horus Heresy Adeptus Titanicus.

Oh yes. It's coming. 100% confirmed, as a banner was displayed at Warhammerfest. And here's what I've been able to find out about it so far. (This info is in the existing WF thread, but kind of got buried)

1. It's coming. It's not a planned project, but being actively worked upon.

2. The scale hasn't yet been decided. Scale and Buildings (for a Titan game without buildings is poo) are at the concept stage now. It may be larger than 6mm, as it gives them more to play with in terms of detail potential.

3. From the FW Seminar, confirmed they're looking to do all-new Titan Classes. Some hinted at or mentioned in the background, others completely new and left field.

And for now, that's my knowledge exhausted. There was no mention of Xenos Titans (it is a heresy game, after al) but pure speculation? If the HH edition sells well, it'll be expanded to give others a look in.

I'm very excited for this, as Adeptus Titanicus was one of my first proper GW games (so long ago now I can't recall if I was playing it before or after Space Hulk. That's proper long ago, that)

Oh, and for clarity....

This is definitely a miniatures game, and not a pootery game. There's some confusion out there on the interwebs about this. Adeptus Titanicus = Miniatures. Titan Legions is the pootery game one. We're getting both[/i]

Thought I'd clear that up now
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-15-2016 at 04:03 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Not really interested in titans, but would be good to see this. If it leads to them doing a larger Epic game with mass infantry ill be well for it. Wouldn't surprise me if they went 10mm as it gives you that extra room for detail.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

sounds awesome, I'd like to see it being a lot bigger than epic scale. if you don't need many models, then it would be great to get them a good size with plenty of detail. dreadnought sized warhounds would do me.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Banned

Hopefully not too much bigger, part of AT was that loadouts and range really mattered and if they go too large a scale that could become a problem. Also more expensive

But very excited to see what come out with this

Chapter-Master

well I have space and don't care about the rest of you

front page is reporting 8mm, warlord titan slightly larger than a contemptor. that works for me.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Brother-Sergeant

I also got the impression it was going to be in 8mm ("About the size of a 40K Dreadnought") I also got the impression the initial releases would be pretty quick as they're existing models scaled down and that FW where already thinking about how to introduce other stuff via expansions.

Chapter-Master

8mm would be good, really hope it's a success as id love a full return to epic personally - with the current tech they could do amazing infantry that size. Titans are probably the best place to start though as people love that kind of stuff
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

[url=http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/05/adeptus-titanicus-the-return-of-epic-latest.html]Way moar informations here[/url]
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Making it 8mm would be bleh. Awful. A decision done more to make sure people with old collections can't use them and no one can use rivals' models or terrain. If they're resurrecting Adeptus Titanicus, there's no reason not to keep the original scale (and if their newfangled machines can't handle the old scale, then maybe they should think about getting better machines, but I doubt that's an issue). We see smaller companies who supposedly aren't making "the best miniatures in the world" showing they're capable of doing nice models in 6mm scale, why would Games Workshop be incapable of it?

Everything else sounds good. But if the scale changed, I'll probably avoid it, just because I don't feel like having to completely replace my entire collection. (Given my whole deal with buying multiple Ork armies, I'd probably buy a new army in 6mm anyway, and might even have to given how much of my stuff seems to have perished in a fire.) Just a principle thing. Change the scale just to screw with people and try to draw more money out, and I'll protest.

Leave it at 6mm, I'll probably drop a few hundred dollars before I stop myself. Adeptus Titanicus is the first game I really got interested in, and I still fondly remember drawing Titans while sitting in class (much to the dismay of teachers who didn't like a child drawing giant machines of death and destruction).

Just to be clear: Absolutely LOVE everything about this... except the scale rumors. That is indeed a dealbreaker for me, especially as it's obvious what it'd really be about, and my principles won't let me support that if it happens.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Brother-Captain

Ooooo missed this one

Set in the Heresy, great just as Adeptus Titanicus should be. I was hoping for 10mm but 8mm should be fine it'll give the extra detail I'd like and I guess with Dropzone Commander being 10mm it was only to be expected.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast