BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default An Uncanny Resemblance

Is it just me or has anyone ever looked at nerf guns and thought that they were strikingly similar to 40k weapons.

My first exitus rifle

Chaplain

Oversize? Check. Absurd design considerations? Check. Weird "themed" weapons? Check.

I've run 'round with a [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-Strike#Maverick_REV-6"]Maverick[/URL] before pretending it was a bolt pistol. Something so huge and satisfying about that gun...
    "Nuh Uhn" is the valid counter argument to "Uhn Huh," which was the entire Affirmative case presented. -JWolf

Abbess Sanctorum

You mean sci-fi style guns look similar to sci-fi style guns?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

Maybe they should change their slogan to "it's nerf, or botlgun".or gw could change to "in the grim darkness of the far future there is only nerf"

duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

well if you remodeld it with plasticard then repainted it....wait if i coverd a benie-baby in plassticard i could make it look like a boltgun...or i could make one out of plasticard. :P

BTW i was at a hunting lodge last weekend (sadly in the uk you cant use guns ) and found some shells and a stick, i thought..BOLTGUN (my llocal GW has a pulse rifle (or the tau pistol thing) and itd be fun to run round gw with a gun (pretend) shooting the blue****s :P )

sadly i lost the stick
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    BTW i was at a hunting lodge last weekend (sadly in the uk you cant use guns ) and found some shells and a stick, i thought..BOLTGUN (my llocal GW has a pulse rifle (or the tau pistol thing) and itd be fun to run round gw with a gun (pretend) shooting the blue****s :P )
    You can't use guns!? You guys must have like zero crime there then! :O
    *end random troll*

Speaking of Nerf, there's a pretty cool place in Cinci, Ohio called Nerf Wars or something like that... I'm not sure the specifics, but apparently it's pretty popular with the Uni Cinci students. :P
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Oh, yeah, well check this out:

[url]http://www.joystiq.com/2008/01/23/toy-chainsaw-nerf-gun-time-diy-gears-of-war-gun/[/url]
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    *end random troll*

Speaking of Nerf, there's a pretty cool place in Cinci, Ohio called Nerf Wars or something like that... I'm not sure the specifics, but apparently it's pretty popular with the Uni Cinci students. :P
    Ha Ha as well you know Mr Jarheaded Leatherneck we have shed loads - and neither do we have the privilege of killing our criminals (which is a shame because re-offending rates after a death sentence are somewhere around 0% I believe).

OT The maverick looks like a weapon Eisenhorn has on one of the covers. The posted picture doesn't remind me of much.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    *end random troll*
    At least, that's what liberals would like to think

If only it were true, then Washington DC wouldn't be murder capital USA.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    BTW i was at a hunting lodge last weekend (sadly in the uk you cant use guns )
    I don't think it cuts down on crime at all. I asked my roomate about gun bans in big cities in Europe like London and his response was "It just means there are more stabbings in London. But it's OK, people in London have been stabbing each other for thousands of years. It's like a tradition."

I live in the American South, so in addition to playing with tiny plastic guns, I actually have one (she is a Double-Barrelled 12 gauge named "Suzy"). Her title is "the destroyer of soda bottles and the staunch defender against racist rednecks". When you live on the wrong side of the boondocks and anyone over 18 can buy a gun from Wal-Mart, what's a skinny art student to do?
    To whom it may concern...
    BAALLOOOOGGGAAAA WHALE!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast