BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thor: Ragnarok

I just hope they don't **** Hela up, or kill her off.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

With any luck, we'll get a movie for her.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    With any luck, we'll get a movie for her.
    For a baddie? Seems unlikely, it would be a nice change of perspective though.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I just hope they don't **** Hela up, or kill her off.
    Should have her spinoff, but id settle for her killing Thor off.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Pff, in the MCU? Unlikely, but it'd be a surprise to get people's attention.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Okay, those characters sound good and all, but when can we expect to hear about a casting choice for Angela? She's Thor's sister, she damn well deserves to be in the movie.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Really hoping now that Perlmutter has beens sidelines from Marvel by Disney that in phase 4 of the MCU we just get wall to wall female led films, including Angela. Angela, Sera and Leah just kicking arse non-stop.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Won't just be all female-led films, though. They'll want to keep making money off of Cap, Thor, and Iron Man where possible. Ant-Man and Wasp will be a split-lead, though probably more Ant-Man. Still, throwing multiples in there, especially with all they have to choose from, would be fine. If they got an actress for Captain Marvel who was okay with extra work, she could do triple-duty with a standalone movie, A-Force, and The Ultimates (who are mixed-gender, but also include Miss America, Latino lesbian wearing a USA-themed outfit that'd make Trump supporters see red). Pretty much any team other than A-Force will be mixed gender. But you could still do the single-hero movies for Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Mockingbird (though they'd probably include Already-Forgot-His-Name), Black Widow (hopefully a proper movie).

And, of course, Angela. Though I wouldn't mind if they take breaks from ***-kicking for some of their oft-humorous basic-life interactions... even if they lead to more ***-kicking scenes, like when they went to eat out at a ramen joint and a noodle demon appeared. It'd be a challenge, but it'd be fun to see Angela and Sera trying to be a "normal" couple in New York raising Leah, while dealing with the annoyances of Asgard, Heven, Hel, and all the stuff on Midgard itself. (Actually, wait, I want that to be a whole series. We can have 100% ***-kicking movies, but please let them also make that a TV series.)

Oh, and before anyone thinks the use of quotation marks on "normal" meant anything offensive, I used that because they're a pair of renegade-ish angels in the middle of a Ten-Kingdoms-sweeping mess who tend to find themselves in crazy scenarios.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12