BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Angry Bloody f***ing Angels!

Ok people, I need your help so that I can kill Blood Angels.
    This is list:
    Wolf Priest with melta bombs (going in this)
    Land Raider Redeemer with some upgrades (with these guys: )
    11 Blood Claws, 1 power fist.
    10 Grey Hunters 2*metal 1 power weapon.
    in a Pod.
    10 Grey Hunters 2*flamer 1 power fist.
    in a rihno.
    5 wolf scouts with meltabombs.
    Long Fangs: 2*lascannons 3*plasma cannons.

total 1500.

The idear is pretty obvious; Land raider kill infantry (and so does the cargo) rihno (with cargo) is somewhat flexible, the pod comes down and a tank dies, lascannons kill tanks, plasma cannons kill infantry.

This is what I was facing:
    Librarian (able to use 2 powers-upgrade)
    scouts with snipers.
    10 assault marines with a priest.
    10 man Death company in a rihno.
    5 man honour guard.
    2*baal prets with heavy bolters and assault cannons.
    furioso dread with blood talons.

Battle report:
    BA turn 1.
    the long fangs died and never got to shoot anything.
    SW turn 1.
    When the grey hunters came down by pod they missed a baal pret. the grey hunters in the rihno was murdered by the furioso dread as I tried to assault it. The land raider failed at shooting the dread. my sky claws assaulted his assault marines and died.
    BA turn 2
    The land raider took a beating but prevailed. the death company was unloaded near by my the land raider. The hunters from the pod got shot by the prets they were ment to kill and then assaulted by his honour guard.
    SW turn 2.
    My scouts entered the battle and beated his scouts. The land raider once again failed at harming the dread.
    BA turn 3
    the pod and rhino was destroyed.
    SW turn 3.
    the land raider shot at a baal pret and failed (AGAIN).
    BA turn 4.
    The land raider felt the burn of a melta, was destroyed, the blood claws got assaulted and destroyed.

GG.

I was anihilated by turn 4, and honest to God I can't see any flaw in my tactic... so now gentelmen: what should I have in my list next time and how do I use it?
    Last edited by Legoklods; 05-05-2010 at 12:04 PM.

More killy stuff, used in a killier way?'
    It would help if you told us what went wrong

Chapter-Master

Gotta shoot 'em as they approach. The Long Fangs should be trying to pop that rhino with DC first thing. Once it is popped, you should have some time before the DC become a problem. Don't drop pod the squad next to the BA, they'll rip you apart. You should hold the DP squad back, near your lines.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Fellend View Post
    More killy stuff, used in a killier way?'
    It would help if you told us what went wrong
    got a report for you

and you Tynskel.

Brother-Sergeant

Assaulting the furioso was probably a mistake. Stick a pack leader (whatever it's called) with the wolf scouts and behind-enemy-lines in behind the tanks, mash 'em up.

Other than that, I think losing your long fangs early on really hamstrung you, protect them better. I'd consider maybe a melta dread in a drop pod rather than 11 grey hunters, for that tank-hunting role.

Chapter-Master

if you don't have turn 1: hide the long fangs behind the land raider. On your turn, move the LR out of the way and start blasting stuff.

I think you have good list- but you just need to use some more flexibility in the tactics. As I said before, the drop pod landing in the middle of the foe was not in favor for your grey hunters. I am sure you now know how deadly Blood Angels Furiosos are.

Thats alot of points tied up in Long Fangs. More than I'd ever want to pour into them, why not some ML or HB instead of plas cannons?

Brother-Sergeant

I've got one devastator made up with the plasma cannon, and he always performs horribly. I suppose two or three might be more effective, but that's getting expensive

for the long fangs, all missile launchers is the best loadout.

Get some anti-tank? That would have helped, rather than trying to assault an armor 13 Dread with only a Powerfist, what did you think was going to happen!?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast