BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: WoTR FAQ up

Banned

Default WoTR FAQ up

[URL]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1120325a_FAQ_WotR_April2010.pdf[/URL]

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    [URL]http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1120325a_FAQ_WotR_April2010.pdf[/URL]

Bout ****ing time?

Seriously, that's the only comment I can think of :P
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

It would be deserving of that content if it actually addressed some of the serious rules issues in the book.

Like spells. Seriously.

Right now, spells generate hits, which means that their strength values are irrelevant (since you only use a strength value when rolling to hit). Exiccate, which generates a huge pile of S:2 hits is just about the most damaging thing in the game--though its low strength seems clearly intended to limit the damage it does, the rules don't actually allow it to do so.

This FAQ is basically a failure. It makes some good first steps, but it is a far, far cry from being sufficient.

This game is still basically broken to the point of being unplayable.

Veteran-Sergeant

[QUOTE=This FAQ is basically a failure. It makes some good first steps, but it is a far, far cry from being sufficient.

This game is still basically broken to the point of being unplayable.[/QUOTE]

Idont disagree that the FAQ didnt cover all the issues needed, but I do not believe the game is unplayable.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

How about instead of "unplayable" we go for "not even close to balanced."

You can play it, but the degree to which some stuff is completely broken makes it more than a little silly.