BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Multiple epic shots..

An interesting situation came up in our local GW a week ago. It was a tournament and a kid had legolas and Haldir in the same unit and Gandalf nearby. He fired 7 epic shots at a unit of knights with aragorn in. Destroyed them all. Has anyone found a rule to stop this? It's awesome, I just want to make sure I'm not cheating!

Seems entirely (and unpleasantly) legal according to the rules.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Jwolf View Post
    Seems entirely (and unpleasantly) legal according to the rules.
    I have to agree. That seems very....well....over the top. For one unit to get forth that many shots in a turn shouldn't happen. It takes fun out of the game, reduces the "Immersion effect" and defies logic. I will know of this, and use it not. As any keeper of the fun should too.

Walrus Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight Of Rhun View Post
    I have to agree. That seems very....well....over the top. For one unit to get forth that many shots in a turn shouldn't happen. It takes fun out of the game, reduces the "Immersion effect" and defies logic. I will know of this, and use it not. As any keeper of the fun should too.
    Its legal, We've actually been talking about this fora while now, though I haven't seen anyone take some with Epic Shot in a while. The key here to remember is that while it is awesomely powerful he does have to use might to do this, so while it is limited in use.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by iamaddj View Post
    Its legal, We've actually been talking about this fora while now, though I haven't seen anyone take some with Epic Shot in a while. The key here to remember is that while it is awesomely powerful he does have to use might to do this, so while it is limited in use.
    No, I know its legal. It doesn't make sense. Its stupid, no unit could get away that many shots.

Walrus Lord

Magic?

Brother-Sergeant

Magic?
    Haha even magic isnt that crazy. How many units do you know that can put out that many shots before their enemy can even make a volley. None. What magic could ever make that different? If that was so than Gandalf should have done that with the archers in Minas Tirith. Mordor would have been beaten before Rohan even showed up!

Walrus Lord

Well if we really want to get into it, we have no idea how long in real time each turn is supposed to be. Assuming that each turn is about 10-20 minute (really rather short when you think about it, it assumes that a whole battle lasts only about 2 hours) we see that Legolas with the maximum of 10 might can epic shot 10 times getting between 10 and 60 kills. The English Longbow had a close to maximum rate of fire of 6 shots a minute, meaning that in that same 20 minute period a good longbow man with enough arrows could get off about 120 shots (though admittedly sustaining that rate of fire for 20 mins would be very hard, the longbow man would be very tired afterward) however it does not seem unreasonable to me that Legolas, with his super-human speed and reflexives, his thousands years of training and his Elven Longbow (which is like Elven you know, and so better then human or English longbows) could keep up that rate of fire, and get off half as many shots as a regular human could in that time frame. And since he uses ten might to do that he also is rather tired afterward. I think what it comes down too in the end is that people with epic shot do not shoot any faster then normal units, they just hit and kill with every shot, because they are awesome Heroes of Legend. So in conclusion, perfectly reasonable.

A LOT
    I play fantasy boardgames and try an use real life to justify things. YAAAAYY lol
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Brother-Sergeant

Well if we really want to get into it, we have no idea how long in real time each turn is supposed to be. Assuming that each turn is about 10-20 minute (really rather short when you think about it, it assumes that a whole battle lasts only about 2 hours) we see that Legolas with the maximum of 10 might can epic shot 10 times getting between 10 and 60 kills. The English Longbow had a close to maximum rate of fire of 6 shots a minute, meaning that in that same 20 minute period a good longbow man with enough arrows could get off about 120 shots (though admittedly sustaining that rate of fire for 20 mins would be very hard, the longbow man would be very tired afterward) however it does not seem unreasonable to me that Legolas, with his super-human speed and reflexives, his thousands years of training and his Elven Longbow (which is like Elven you know, and so better then human or English longbows) could keep up that rate of fire, and get off half as many shots as a regular human could in that time frame. And since he uses ten might to do that he also is rather tired afterward. I think what it comes down too in the end is that people with epic shot do not shoot any faster then normal units, they just hit and kill with every shot, because they are awesome Heroes of Legend. So in conclusion, perfectly reasonable.
    Well, you proved me wrong. You learn something new everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast