BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Captain

Default The mortal realms as a Pathfinder setting?

I've been giving this some debate lately, and Silver Tower certainly makes it seem reasonable.
    So PnP gamers of bols any input?
    I'm thinking of putting a setting document together, so I'd love your thoughts.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

I'm not really a fan of the pathfinder system but yeah it could definitely be done.

Chapter-Master

I would imagine it would be doable.
    Search youtube for "running the game" Plugged it a couple of times elsewhere now(probably offtopic thread) but its rather good. Its a series of videos about world building for D&D by a dm. I'm sure it'd transfer to a different system pretty easily.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I would suggest the "Spheres of Power" Pathfinder supplement for the magic system by Drop Dead Studios. But it is certainly doable.

Librarian

The big thing you'll need to do is to figure out how people live in the AoS setting.

There are a lot of combatants, sure. But where there are armies, there need to be reasonable logistics and supply lines- which also means there need to be farms growing food for those Khorne berzerkers somewhere.

So, basically, what is a peasant's life like? Are there travelling merchants? Are there convenience stores? What sort of amenities can they supply?

After you've figured out now 'normal folks' live, and what they do in the setting, you'll have most of what you need figured out.

After that, I'd probably look through the various monsters available from 3.5 books and Pathfinder books and try to find races similar to the ones your player want to use (Stormcast Eternals are particularly odd).

www.GardenNinja.com