BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default what you guys think chaos should have in its next codex

hey guys, I want to know what you guys think that chaos should get in its next codex

my opinions:
    1)cult troops (berzerkers, noise boyz, etc.) should be elites

2)berzerkers: get rage and rending

3)noise: 23 points and get sonic weapons default

4)thousand sons and plague marines: same

5)chosen should be built like wolf guard

6)bikers should be 25 points

7)raptors should either be 18 points or get hit and run back

8)demon prince should be about 150 points, 50 point wings, or 175 if the powers are included like hive tyrant

9)Lord/sorcerer's mark, or appropriate special character as it is in the other marine codices, should make appropriate dudes troops

10)chosen made troops by abbadon

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm not really sure about any specific point values, but...

I don't like icons, and think they should go back to marked troops. All the cult troops as different entries is excellent, though.

Daemons are a little bland, but I can't see that getting better.

I'd like to see more reasons to use Lords and Sorcerers...

Perhaps seeing things like Raptors and Bikers prices being more in line with SM.

All in all, I don't think the current book is horrible. It's certainly an improvement over that 3.5 mess.

Battle-Brother

Drop Pods.
    You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else, and we are all part of the same compost pile.

Librarian

I would love to see the uniqueness and love put back into that book. The previous edition had almost everything, rules to field each of the nine traitor legions with character and fluff to match. When that book hit it was the epitome of everything that a codex should be, I remember nearly crapping my pants the first time I took templars up against some EC's, Rhino Rushed, Charged and saw half my army off the table after the first round of assault. It doesn't have to be OP but just enough to do justice to CSM, It should have the size of C:SM and enough options to make them the elite of the elite again, strong enough to edge Wolves and Angels out in combat.

I think Chaos is one of the strongest and most diverse force out there. It might need some slight point adjustment to make it even more effective but lets face it. It's one of the most dangerous codexes around.

What I would like to see is more options for fun. Wargear choices for Thousand sons, Iron warriors special seige squads, Word bearer Chaplains, more possibilities to ally with Chaos Daemons, making possessed more useful, A possessed IC and so on.

Librarian

I'd like to see a characterful Black Legion list which can be changed into other legions by having specific additions - Typhus to Death Guard for example. That would be a good way of getting back legion rules without getting GW pissed with 'oh noes there be too many options'.
    Essentially 'Legion Tactics'

Perhaps Icons could then replace the Legion Tactics in a Black Legion list with something different - like in the current book - but the icon bearers are simply PERSONAL icons. The unit itself gains the rules, not the icon.

Need a few more daemon engines added such as Brass Scorpions and the Plague Drones.

Need to have a few named Chosen squads or something, like with Legion of the Damned.

Berserkers need to have +1 Strength or their Khornate Chainaxes back. Perhaps these could give -1 to the foe's armour save.

Cultists and Traitors need to be integrated into the list like Lesser Daemons in the current book.

Daemons need to take marks, and perhaps be like Kroot Carnivores - you can upgrade Nurglings, Flesh Hounds, Fiends, and Screamers as individual 'Chaos Beast' choices.

Greater Daemons need a few wargear options.

Daemon Princes need a greater range of Psychic Powers. Speaking of which, 2 special powers for each god.

1000 Son Sorcerers need free powers, at the cost of staying at 60pts. Force Weapon needs to be optional. Need to be able to purchase psychic defense.

Need REAL Dreadnoughts. Make them a blessing, not a curse.

Need to have Fabius Bile perhaps not required to field an Enhanced Warriors army, or perhaps just give VAST BENEFITS if you do field him. Perhaps that could be a variant - take Bile and you can take Acolytes, like Sanguinary Priests.

Need a Company Command Squad option. To make things cool, it could be a Chaos Terminator or Chaos Chosen squad which doesn't count to chart.

Dreadclaw Drop Pods in the list - the ones from IA which can relaunch mid battle.

Noise Marines are integrated into normal Emperor's Children CSM Squads, with Sonic Blasters as an option. We need to get a new Slaanesh squad, tbph, to fill the gap.

Raptors need to reduce enemy Ld with a Transfixing Gaze, and have Hit and Run.

Chaos Bikers need to pursue further and have Skilled Riders. 30pts per model.

Chaos Spawn need to become an upgrade choice for normal units - like Fenrisian Wolves. They should however also be available separate with a 6+ Invulnerable Save. Still 40pts each.

Chaos Havocs need to be 3-10, but more like Long Fangs.

Daemonic Possession needs to be buffed, and all tanks need some sort of Power of the Machine Spirit thing as mandatory.
    Back after a few years absence. Please PM me any changes to how the forum works - I currently have no idea how to make line breaks, and this is quite important to me. >.>

I'm sensing... the OP is unfamiliar with the previous Chaos dex.

My opinion? Pretend the current codex never happened.

Release a .pdf that tweaks (new units and additional rules) the vanilla marine list and call it Chaos Renegades.
    Release Codex: Traitor Legions.

Chapter-Master

4th ed codex. Failing that whatever they like as long as they provide a voodoo doll of Gav Thorpe.

PS Traitor guard and/or renegades, mutants, and pantheon specific daemons.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

You know what would be fun? A man-eating drop pod. It's slams down, unleashes it's contents then starts walking around like a possessed machine and eating stuff.

And make slaanesh less silly. Less rockband references and more emperor's children "we fell because of pride" people like Lucius.

Abbess Sanctorum

I don't, because I don't think there should be single unified "chaos" codex.

Instead there should be CSMs, Daemons, and Lost and the Damned, the latter representing xenos, mutants, and traitors, whom form the "army" of Chaos (not CSMs).

Pedantic, I know, but still...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast