BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

Love the 80's metal comparison.

I think the problem is they've took the lazy route to representing the excess of slaanesh on the table top. Although I personally love the diaz daemonettes I can't think of another slaanesh model I like.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

I think the exorcist would make a much better Slaanesh vehicle than it does Sisters.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chaplain

Maturity? The Lord of Excess should be...excessive.

Brother-Captain

I was under the impression that the newer daemonette models were supposed to possess androgynous beauty, while twisting into their true daemonic visages. Not appealing to either gender specifically, instead possessing an unearthly allure that transcends such concepts. Hence one half being male and the other being female.

It must be said that the Diaz sculpts, while preferred by most, certainly do convey the sexist attitude that you speak of. The idea is that they appear different to each viewer depending on their innermost desires, but those sculpts only work that way if every model in the opposing army likes women. Much better, I think, to go for the morphing androgynous look. It conveys the sense of changing to match the desires of the foe they're fighting rather than all being sexy scary lady-daemons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123