BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gluttony.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	18716
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Something like that.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

that is Gluttony from Full Metal Alchemist

Anime. Tried it, found it weird.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    FFS.

Hmm. Wonder if I could convert up a Gluttony Warband?
    Have you seen Studio Asmodee's 'Helldorado' stuff? Their demons are better than literally any daemon GW ever produced. Their 'Damned of Gluttony' should probably suit your idea quite well, or at least provide inspiration.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

It's certainly interesting, but I thought Heldorado was defunct?

I'm thinking an adaptation of Nurgle Rotbringers. Obese epicureans, war leader on a palanquin type stuff.

For extra 'eurgh', perhaps the palanquin bearers are serving up their own body parts as they march?
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 06-05-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Obese epicureans
    no, Obese hedonists

Epicureans believe that pleasure is the ultimate goal in life, but that those pleasures should be as simple as possible. Epicurus himself was a vegetarian, celibate, teetotaler. hedonism is the dedication to excess.

I'm meaning in the glutton/gourmet way, where the food is overly complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, I think Chaos itself needs a lot of work to diversify stuff.

Khorne is fairly straight forward as things go, but there's more to war than simply massacring everything everywhere. Where the duellist types? Those who hope to gain Khorne's favour by entering honourable combat with enemy champions?

Tzeentch? No uniquely Tzeentchian mortals yet, except the Kairic Acolytes.

Nurgle? Probably the best represented so far. I loves Nurgle me!

Slaanesh? Yeah, this thread.

All needs more works doing.

Brother-Captain

At the moment the faction that most purely embodies what Slaanesh should be... are the Dark Eldar.

Which makes sense. They're the remnants of the group that CREATED She Who Thirsts and refuse to change their behaviour. They feel sensations keenly and seek out new novelties. They venerate skill above all else, with entire wych cults dedicated to chasing perfection in battle as hard as they possibly can. They even use barbed hooks to attach their armour to their flesh, so that they can better feel and respond to the ebbs and flows of combat while using the pain to heighten their senses.

So in a way it's fitting that they are terrified of Slaanesh. Their culture as a whole is playing chicken, seeing just how far they can dance along that knife edge before they slip and tumble to their doom. They know that excess is all consuming in the end but they're too addicted to give it up. They're gamblers always making one last bet believing they'll win big and not lose everything they possess.

I think GW might be better off playing up some of the elvan and etherial aspects of Slaanesh. Make them more fae instead of bad 'trannie trap' ugly stereotypes. Elegant lines coming to sharp points. Slaanesh should look like graceful predators, the sort that are appealing to watch but you want a thick pane of glass in the way. Cheetahs with swept back spines laced with hallucinogenic venoms. Sharks with barbed fins and impossible grins. Make the daemonettes less crab and more preying mantis.

Khorne is the sort of buff deadly that will smash your face in with a war axe and pose over your body, Conan style. Khorne is the grizzly bear. Slaanesh is the sort of deadly that will chase you until you collapse from exhaustion while dealing painful superficial wounds to keep you running and make you scream. Slaanesh is the bored feline.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

See, I feel Slaanesh should look subtlely wrong and disturbing in their beauty - stuff like perfectly symmetrical faces. The current Daemonettes work better for me than the Juan Diaz ones ever did. After all, much like Dryads they have their glamoured form (all curves and the hearts desire), before going full on succubus when it's too late for the victim.

Definitely include some animalistic cues as Morgrim suggests - anything to tease out the hunt for as long as it's not boring. At the end of the day, Slaaneshi cultists and warriors should live unfulfilled lives. No matter what they do, it's not enough. It can't be. There's no end to experience, and no height to pleasure.

Rules wise, how about some endurance buffs, ala Dark Eldar pain tokens. The longer they last, the harder they fight. They have to. Last turn was so last turn after all. Time to try something different.....a new experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast