Destroyer Squad:

Comtemptor Dreadnought:

Castraferrum Mortis Dreadnought:

Freehand on weapon mounting:

Recon Marines with sniper-rule Bolters:

Recon Marines with auto-shotguns:

Command Squad with jump packs, CCW and combat shields:

Cataphractii Terminator Squad:

Contemptor with dual DCCW/Heavy Flamers and Leviathan Dreadnought (still needs his decals); sergeant is included for size comparison
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chaplain

Looking good Yorkie. I'm seeing some mold lines on the Seeker squad weapons, but whatever.

Is that an Inqusitoral Warband back there behind everything?
    C'est la vie. C'est l'amour. Cela est une pomme de terre.

DAMN YOU MOLD LINES!!!

Yeah, those are some Death Cult assassins for my (now-fairly bloody sizable) [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52149-Inquisitorial-Henchmen-Conversions]Inquistorial[/url] [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?64957-Inquisitorial-Daemonhosts]Army[/url].

Because I've got a [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?49607-Deathwatch-Army]stupidly big Deathwatch Army[/url], as well as a bunch of [url=http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?56095-Saint-Celestine-and-Seraphim-bodyguard]Sororitas[/url] so obviously they'll need =][= backup...
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 06-10-2016 at 01:38 PM.

I'm really liking the conversions on these guys! Very characterful. What have you used for the Assault cannon? It looks like the barrel of a Leman Russ Punisher cannon, but I suspect that would be too large, so I'm thinking something from a third-party manufacturer? Certainly looks the part. The use of Scout pistols for the Destroyers and the overall feel of an infiltrator force is generally great.

Also, the war propaganda posters on the Dreadnought bases- truly brilliant!

Are those Anvil Industries Reflex sights on the Scout bolt pistols? They look good wherever they are from.
    Last edited by Haighus; 06-10-2016 at 01:56 PM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

The assault cannon barrels come from the dual gatling cannon from the Taurox. You get two per Taurox, so my other Terminator Squad has one too. I just got a standard Terminator assault cannon, cut off the extant barrel, glued the Taurox one on, and made an ammo drum from two old-school Leman Russ wheels cut flat and glued together.

As for the Recon scouts, the bodies are Anvil (SO GOOD!) but the bolters are standard-issue 40K Sternguard ones. I had a few knocking around and wasn't using them, so just figured f**k it, might as well put them on my Recon guys to represent the sniper rule. Did the same thing with my as-yet unfinished Veteran Tactical Squad guys.

Basically, one Sternguard squad boxed set gets you all the 2+ Artificer Armour sergeants and special-issue bolters your Heresy-era army could ever need. Which is annoying because of how stupidly expensive the thing is!

Occuli Imperator

Looking good

Didn't realise the leviathan dread was quite so big!
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Er, I meant the Reflex sights on the Scout Bolt pistols used by the Destroyers
    Didn't spot the Anvil bodies until you mentioned them though, they really do just match so well. I have some Anvil pieces myself I'm planning to use on Imperial Fists... I'm building a force of Marines built around void warfare and other close confines, so a much less subtle force in many ways than your own. Largely built around Terminators. Hmm, could borrow my brother's camera to actually take some decent pictures and do a P&M thread, but I make such slow progress on builds now-a-days. I don't bring any of my modelling stuff with me to York and go back home rarely.

Ah the Taurox cannon... so that's why it looked like a mini-Punisher cannon! It is a mini-Punisher cannon...
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

No, the reflex sight on the Destroyer pistols is a scratch build. I'd already pinched the scopes for my Deathwatch, and needed something to distract from the slightly weird-looking top of the pistol.

And my force isn't really subtle; I've got 20 Breachers and another 10 jump pack combat shield assault boys all almost finished, as well as my Necromundan Militia. I'll get photos of those up in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Looking good

Didn't realise the leviathan dread was quite so big!
    It is an absolute beast. Wonderful, wonderful model.

I understand now!

So, sounds like there is a more subtle branch of the force- the Seekers, Destroyers and Recon Marines, and then an anvil of Breachers, Terminators and Dreadnoughts to take the brunt of the enemy attention, allowing the stealthier units to hit them from the flank. At least, that is how it appears to me

Necromundan militia? Is the entire force intended to be recruited from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    So, sounds like there is a more subtle branch of the force- the Seekers, Destroyers and Recon Marines, and then an anvil of Breachers, Terminators and Dreadnoughts to take the brunt of the enemy attention, allowing the stealthier units to hit them from the flank. At least, that is how it appears to me

Absolutely right. I've got my Spartan to deliver a swarm of Breachers right into the enemy's face, supported by a hard core of Terminators and Dreadnoughts, with the subtler units stalking around the outskirts, wrecking sh*t more tactically.

Quote Originally Posted by Haighus View Post
    Necromundan militia? Is the entire force intended to be recruited from there?
    My idea was that they're a force that's been recruited from some random forge world, and by the end of the heresy, they've ended up on Necromunda - each unit ends up either forming one of the Great Houses, or else is kind of a thematic precursor to a non-house faction from the Necromunda game.

So: mercenary infantry from Orlock Security Solutions. The company is popular with former members of the Imperial Army who have been either dishonorably discharged and want to make quick cash, or else are no longer young enough to serve, but who know no other trade. Their weapons and armour is highly personalised, often coming from either the Imperial Army itself, or else 'liberated' whilst on campaign.

Plant workers from the Cawthone and Dorlish Silicates Processing Company. The workers need to wear fully-enclosed cowled rebreathers at all times to avoid death by a variety of horrible lung diseases caused by the inhalation of fine particulates.

Plant workers from the Cawthorne and Dorlish Silicates Processing Company carrying firecasters used for dealing with the dangerous vermin that plague the silicate processing facilities.

Cheaply produced Servitor-Helots used in manufactora across the planet. (Count as Ogryns.)

Miners from the Esker Mining Corporation. A very rare example of forward-thinking and progressive corporation founded by a former Sororitas who fled her convent for a simpler life, it gives equal chances to both men and women to make a living through hard, honest labour.

Sump workers from the Van Der Saar Recycling Facilities. The absurdly hostile enviroments of the industrial sumps and the poverty of the Van Der Saar facilities means that workers are largely forced to improvise protective clothing, and that cybernetic replacements for corroded and ruined limbs are frequent. The workers are consequently extremely talented at jury-rigging and improvising solutions.

Close up on a chain-cutter used for removing the large-scale silicate accretions that build up over time in sewage sumps. (Counts as Lascutter).

Here's the full Militia force I've prepared so far. In the corner you can see the Gola feral worlders (who I've not finished painting), and at the rear, there's members of the DeLaque organised crime syndicate (who also need finishing off).

I've also got these bad boys, who count as Sentinels equipped with close combat weapon and Heavy Bolters.

The Militia army list is awesome.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 06-11-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast