BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Default What fluff shakeups would you like to see?

    With rumours of a fluff shakeup/advancement for 40k happening in the future I'm just curious what kind timeline advancements people would like to see? Do you want to see something radical or something more subtle?

    (predictably) I'd love to see the proper introduction of enslavers as a new ultra-lovecraft themed faction and a new great threat with a second great enslaver plague thrust upon the galaxy with all the races including chaos fighting them. I'd give the enslavers a pantheon of lovecraftian deities that live in the warp and are older than the chaos gods. It's awesome in my head, at least :P
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

  2. #2

    Default

    Tau crack proper FTL travel, become an actual presence in areas other than a tiny corner of the galaxy.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

  3. #3
    First-Captain
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The North, UK
    Posts
    1,630

    Default

    Female Space Marines.

  4. #4

    Default

    13th Black Crusade breaks out the Eye, but ultimately fails well short of its goal.

    Abaddon snuffs it, as do various and sundry SC's. Imperium largely victorious, and the uniting factor of Chaos is gone - however due to the intensity, Chaos Warbands are now rife within The Imperium, and resources are too thinly stretched to have any kind of cohesive clear up.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

  5. #5

    Default

    The so-called "Light of Astronomicon" does not originate at "Holy" Terra at all. The Astronomicon actually in nothing but a psycic black hole which sucks in non-localized psionic energy in the Warp, in effect sucking dry the galaxy of the psionic energy required for life to continue existing. The effect of the "the Light" is just how the condensed stream into the Astronomicon looks like from the outside. The daily psyker sacrifice is just to protect the Imperial Institutions from being destroyed by sitting right at the Astronomicon, similar to how Dark Eldar let others suffer to not be drained by She-who-thrists.
    Last edited by 0rph3u5; 06-14-2016 at 02:44 AM.

  6. #6
    Librarian
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cannibal Sector 1
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    With rumours of a fluff shakeup/advancement for 40k happening in the future I'm just curious what kind timeline advancements people would like to see? Do you want to see something radical or something more subtle?
    Actual death or resurrection of the Emperor, he's been on the 'golden throne' for 30 years, time to sh*t or get off the pot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    (predictably) I'd love to see the proper introduction of enslavers as a new ultra-lovecraft themed faction and a new great threat with a second great enslaver plague thrust upon the galaxy with all the races including chaos fighting them. I'd give the enslavers a pantheon of lovecraftian deities that live in the warp and are older than the chaos gods. It's awesome in my head, at least :P
    Can you expand on what 'ultra-lovecraft' means to you? Between the tyranids and chaos, 40k has all the HPL I need.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

  7. #7
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Her Majesty's United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Abaddon succeeds in destroying the pylons on Cadia. The Eye of Terror expands and the daemonic legions and the traitor legionnaires storm Terra effectively "winning" the Long War. However the Emperor is a perpetual who's rebirth is being stopped by the Golden Throne (which it is). The Traitor's victory causes the Emperor's rebirth. The destruction of the Astronomicon causes the dissolution of the Imperium. The Ultramarines reform Imperium Secondus. The expansion of the EoT ejects the missing Primarchs who reunite with their Chapters/Legions setting up their own Empires amidst the ruins of the Imperium. The Emperor desperately tries to reunite his Realm but due to 10000 years of devolution finds it a nigh on impossible.

    The Alien races take the opportunity of the power vacuum to vastly increase their domains. Apart form the Eldar who just sit around telling everyone they knew this was going to happen without actually having anything to do with anything or be befitting in any way.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    Actual death or resurrection of the Emperor, he's been on the 'golden throne' for 30 years, time to sh*t or get off the pot.



    Can you expand on what 'ultra-lovecraft' means to you? Between the tyranids and chaos, 40k has all the HPL I need.
    cosmic horror aliens. as in, alieny aliens ike polyps, yithians, elder things and shoggoths.

    nids are just generic starship trooper bugs/giger xenomrphs to me and chaos is just satanic/daemon stuff or armoured heavy metal art, dont see anything lovecraftian visually speaking at all myself. Perhaps I should of used the term cosmic horror as people always think of utter tripe like cthulhu and deep ones when the term lovecraftian is used. Like practically every other wargames, 40k has a crap selection of unimaginagive aliens that dont look alien at all. Enslavers would fix that dramatically. I'd settle for Hrud too though, as long as they werent based on the space skaven or swamp creature deisgns of yore.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

  9. #9
    Librarian
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Cannibal Sector 1
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    cosmic horror aliens. as in, alieny aliens ike polyps, yithians, elder things and shoggoths.

    nids are just generic starship trooper bugs/giger xenomrphs to me and chaos is just satanic/daemon stuff or armoured heavy metal art, dont see anything lovecraftian visually speaking at all myself. Perhaps I should of used the term cosmic horror as people always think of utter tripe like cthulhu and deep ones when the term lovecraftian is used. Like practically every other wargames, 40k has a crap selection of unimaginagive aliens that dont look alien at all. Enslavers would fix that dramatically. I'd settle for Hrud too though, as long as they werent based on the space skaven or swamp creature deisgns of yore.
    Oh ok, you're working from an almost completely visual standpoint.

    While we can agree on the pop culture origins of elements like the stealers, it's the otherness of the Great Devourer that appeals to me. The hive fleets don't know who we are, may not be capable of registering us as individuals in any meaningful way. Reminds me of Azathoth.

    Chaos has cults, cultists and lots of things man shouldn't worship but does for reasons. The gods themselves may be a bit 2 dimensional but you know, 40k, for kids.

    Maybe cosmic horror would be a better if more vague label for what you're going for.

    If you think Cthulhu and Deep Ones are 'utter tripe', Howard may not be your huckleberry.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

  10. #10
    Brother-Captain
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    There is a short section of artificially crafted Webway under the Golden Throne, stretching back to a pair of ornate golden doors. The defences were shattered accidentally by Magnus allowing that section to be overrun with daemons.

    There is a segment of Webway that budded from Commoragh, deep beneath the Dark City, where there are a pair of ornate blackened doors sealing off a section of Webway that is overrun with daemons.

    Given the plan of the Emperor was to access everywhere via the Webway, and since Commoragh is the node of the Webway that is connected to far flung places across the entire galaxy (seriously, the official map of Webway portals has about 50 labels with 'Commoragh' on it), I want these these two to be linked. The section of human-made Webway has golden doors at one end, obsidian doors at the other, a very large mass of daemons in the middle, and the two factions have to have the universe's most awkward anti-custody talk about how to get rid of the bit in between without flooding their respective strongholds with chaos gribblies.

    There's already mentions in the fluff that Dark Eldar representatives have been contacted by the Mechanium to do with the Golden Throne failing, and this would be excellent justification.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •