BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Chaos War Alters

Ive yet to see one of these. Anyone done one? Lets see some piccys
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

I've seen a couple now - both conversions/kit bashes of the VC Corpse Cart and various Chaos bits.

I thought about the Corpse cart but thought it was too obvious, Also thought about using a chariot or a palanquin, not sure need some inspiration.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Veteran-Sergeant

New plastic Steam Tank could be fun ... some kind of chaos corrupted thing.

Cauldron of Blood could make a cool conversion.

Battle-Brother

I've always wondered why no one made a war shrine ou of the grand theogonist model, wouldn't be too bad to kit bash; a grail reliquae could be a cool conversion too.

Can you still get the Grand Theogonist?

Lets get some pics of everyones Warshrines! I'll have some up of mine after I get home!
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

I've seen a great one made using the old Empire War Wagon and obviously Corpse Carts are an ideal starting point to go from as they're already half chaosy before you even start. I did toy with the idea of a converted Stegadon for one myself when I was trying to think of any old excuse to get the new Steg model but scrapped that idea

I'm slowly collecting the pieces necessary to assemble my mobile altar to the blood god. Pieces include:

- Juggernaut to draw the altar forward
    - GD Chaos Champion model (The one holding a tiny human by his neck)
    - some bitz left over from the new khorne bloodletters

The one thing I'm having trouble finding is a suitable base model to contain all the madness. If anyone has recommendations as to a specific chariot or otherwise that is the right size, I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguyjames View Post
    I'm slowly collecting the pieces necessary to assemble my mobile altar to the blood god. Pieces include:

- Juggernaut to draw the altar forward
    - GD Chaos Champion model (The one holding a tiny human by his neck)
    - some bitz left over from the new khorne bloodletters

The one thing I'm having trouble finding is a suitable base model to contain all the madness. If anyone has recommendations as to a specific chariot or otherwise that is the right size, I'd appreciate it.

Corpse Cart. If you leave off the bodies and stupid claws, its just a coffin shaped chariot.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.