BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

When you play a tight points limit, every point counts (der - I know, I know). So you need to do an analysis of what does super heavy bring. Several things spring out:

1. SH damage table - no immobilised, no Weapon destroyed. They must absolutely positively kill every HP.

2. Thunderblitz/stomp. The former is situational but amusing. The latter highly useful.

3. A big nasty weapon. Or 2.

So I personally weigh all that up. This is how I came to the conclusion about Typhon at lower points - in fact my purchase was based on the old 1500pt format for Throne of Skulls - I wanted something to do 1,2 and 3 above and at 350 base, nothing else competes. AV14 all around and ceramite armour for 20 points - someone will need D or serious Lascannon quantities to damage that. Pre-grav of course.

But I think there is a sweet spot where the SH won't make its points back unless you are careful - it can only hold 1 objective, and even separate targetting wont allow you to swamp horde armies.

I think this is why IG Malcadors etc suffer. A lot easier to pen than a AV14 box (especially a ceramite one) so can be brought down without as much effort. Similarly people are used to countering IK - 13/13/12 can be dealt with with anti LR tactics from 4th ed.

Just some further ramblings whilst the D pounding is ongoing.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark
    Just some further ramblings whilst the D pounding is ongoing.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Revenant Titan.

Titan HF's. 4 Str D pie plates. 36" move. Take two and get even better defense.

I think people would be hard pressed to ignore the WK as "best bang for your buck superheavy".
    Defiantly one of my Favorites and also remember the 12" Run move after it has fired

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Hence I rarely use transports (also, still stuck in the 2nd Ed mindset that they're little more than mobile tombs).
    Glad it is not just me!

Typhoon is probably the best bang for buck points wise but for shear fun the Brass Scorpion get Top on my list - it is nothing really too special if you look at it vs other super heavies but for mowing down MEQs it is awesome.

[URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/user/dv8_eve/media/2016-05-06%2012.46.42_zpsh4swoyzj.jpg.html][/URL]

It charged teh Razor back in teh first turn, having taken out a couple of marines and a HP off a landspeeder,

[URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/user/dv8_eve/media/2016-05-06%2015.03.21_zpsptbtcydm.jpg.html][/URL]

Then shot down a landspeeder, finished off a marine squad and charged teh Warhound, it did take a couple of turns to destroy it and a squad of Deathwing assaulted it as well from the Landraider which where stomped all over after it had finished the Titan it went after the LR and wiped it out - all done by turn 5

So in a 2000pt battle with a SH each it took out over 1500pts of stuff.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

I love my Macharii to bits, and I think they're alright for the points cost, just a little vulnerable and lacking in the overbearing firepower of the Baneblade. They're cheap though. The Vanquisher is a decent multi-task weapon, and the Vulcan is pretty good at nailing Monstrous Creatures with a little Psykic assistance.

Also they're somewhat reminiscent of Churchill tanks, which is always a bonus.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

And I think they come in Heresy Era squadrons?

Will double check my little black book tonight.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That would be epic, they definitely don't in the Imperial Armour book, not that I'd run more than one anyway.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123