BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BoL Political Agenda

So i finished a game of 40k this evening, It was a great game Sisters of Battle verse Chaos Space Marines (Khorne),Happy with the game head home. Once i get the key through the door i sit down and wonder if there is any news on BoL. Other than none interesting articles that i have no concern with there was nothing there but this time there was.

But it was not an article on new Miniatures from GW nor was it an article on Slaneesh and he/she/its true purpose it was a "Political add" campaign for Britain to leave the EU. Now i understand that BoL needs to make money through advertising but to pick a side and shove an opinion which in all fairness is Fear/lies/hatred in peoples face's, Is pretty low BoL if this is your stance on my countries actions then frankly your going to put off a lot of UK users from visiting your site.

So why are Political adverts shown on here? Unless the real Emperor has been found or we have mastered teleportation why are these adverts shown they have nothing to do with Warmachine, D&D, X-Wing, 40k etc or the community which we are all in. Politics should be kept completely separate. I noticed that soon after the Sky News report at a local tabletop club happened we started seeing these adverts.

My only guess that BoL is part of the Murdoch family or Maybe they just want cash and got offered good money by the absolute filth that want to ruin our country? just sayin

Chapter-Master

I doubt anybody at BoLS actually approved the ad, it will just be something that pops up according to whatever Google's algorithm is for these things. if you have googled it or talked about it, Google will know and will post ads about it.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Thats probably the most logical thing any one has ever said to me ever. I'm sure you can understand my initial reaction upon seeing it though?

Chapter-Master

certainly, it is pretty annoying to see ads for things like that
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

It might be generated due to the The EU Referendum thread - like maybe it appeared in google and people clicked it or something akin to that.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Not the most annoying ad to pop up on the site, which is why I utilize a certain bit of technology that'll get you banned from the front page if you mention it. Every time I make the mistake of loading the site on a browser that's not properly equipped, I have to jump right back out before I lose it at all the junk popping up on my screen that has absolutely nothing to do with gaming.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

BoLS isn't safe to browse without appropriate software due to frequent scriptjacking adverts.
    Their adverts are obviously set up by a third party supplier.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Yup. Scriptjackers, now I know the name for them are a PITA.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Turner View Post
    but to pick a side and shove an opinion which in all fairness is Fear/lies/hatred in peoples face's,

You need to check your irony setting, if you find nothing ironic about stating 'in all fairness' and then writing off an opinion as fear/lies/hatred. In case I need to spell it out, that is not a particularly fair viewpoint, to write off other's viewpoints.

Is pretty low BoL if this is your stance on my countries actions then frankly your going to put off a lot of UK users from visiting your site.

So why are Political adverts shown on here? Unless the real Emperor has been found or we have mastered teleportation why are these adverts shown they have nothing to do with Warmachine, D&D, X-Wing, 40k etc or the community which we are all in. Politics should be kept completely separate. I noticed that soon after the Sky News report at a local tabletop club happened we started seeing these adverts.

Congratulations. I get adverts for MILF and Cougar dating. Clearly Skynet thinks you need politics more than you need mature loving.

My only guess that BoL is part of the Murdoch family or Maybe they just want cash and got offered good money by the absolute filth that want to ruin our country? just sayin
    'absolute filth' what an enlightened individual you are. (in all fairness).
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Captain

I get Remain ads as well so I'd take it that these things are a little random. But it's nice to see someone has taken the time to seemingly create a log in just to protect us Brits from other people's opinions 🤔.

On the pop up front I've found that the Mobile version of Bols much better now the redirects were making it impossible to actually read anything but they've appeared to have sorted that out. Yes there is a pop up at the bottom of the screen but it is actually possible to cancel it without been sent to a page telling me I've won somthing.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast