BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Deep Strike question

Do Demons have to start the game in reserve (must Deep Strike) or can they start the game deployed like normal units if the player wishes?

And what about Terminators?

Been rereading the Deep Strike section in the rule book and it does say some units 'must' Deep Strike, but I'm unclear on which units 'must' and which units 'may'.

Any advice is appreciated, books and page numbers even better; thanks!

Genrally you have the option to deep strike or not.
    If something must deep strike it will be listed in it's rules (for example a drop pod must deep strike.
    There are also some formations/scenarios that force deep-strike on certain units

I am pretty sure that terminators MUST deep-strike (ie, start the game in deep-strike reserve). Daemons I know nothing about. Crisis suits and assault marines have the option to be in reserve, and, if in reserve, to choose whether to deep strike or to enter the board normally, but those are the only Deep-strikeable models I know of.

Veteran-Sergeant

Terminators don't have to deep strike, they can start the game on the board either on foot or in a Land Raider. I think the latest Demon codex lets you start the game with some units on the board, but I don't think that you get the first turn deep strike.
    92 Golf: Death From Within
    Any plan where you lose your hat is a bad plan.

Chaplain

Daemons in 7th have good ol' BRB Deep Strike, but don't have to Deep Strike if they don't want to.

But a lot of the time, they want to.