BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default I'm Bores of Brexit lets talk about AoS

There's been a glut of stuff leaked from the Matched Play section of the Generals handbook,

What are people's thoughts.

I like how summoning has become "magic deepstrike" and a unit repair mechanic.

The "Rule of Three Ones" seems a very sensible addition for competive play, no more stacking of Mystic Shield and automatic happenings.

I know many will bemoan why this wasn't brought out at the beginning but let's not forget the organisers of the biggest tournaments have been involved in its creation so it probably directly addresses issues that have arisen from it being played in anger out on the wild so to speak rather than in GW towers.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Yup. Matched Play. So far, seems to be everything people hoped it would be, but there is early days whining from Summon-heavy army, and a complete lack of empathy from those who can't Summon.

I'm excited for this book!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Always whining from some quarters, though I doubt in this is actually from people who play in the tournaments given that they've all put restrictions on summoning anyway.

It seems a pretty sensible way to go for matched Played given its designed to reduce people from exploiting the system to gain advantage. If it true it can still be used to replace loses in units it is still very powerful.

Yup. Plus, being able to effectively deepstrike units in, with no scatter, is pretty huge.

The classic say, Undead tactics of popping up blocking units remains - and this time without any form of Crumble rule, or the other traditional downsides of Undead (low initiative, ridiculously easy to beat up line units).

People just need to suck it and see.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Delicious Classic Cola.

Brother-Captain

Loads more stuff on the front page from gift copy given to one of the fellas who helped out, the narative stuff looks to be a proper advancing campaign. All good news. Even the comments are positive, well apart from the obligatory "but they destroyed the Old world" one but if felt forced.

Brother-Captain

I'm a little confused about summoning. The snippets I've seen suggest you can only summon a unit once? Is that correct, or can you resummon it if it is wiped out?
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Only the once, but it seems you can use summoning as healing spells?

Brother-Captain

Yep that's what I've heard, you can only summon stuff once but you can "heal" it.

Well I suppose you could resummon a unit but it would still count against the points you set aside for summoning.
    Last edited by grimmas; 06-27-2016 at 09:42 AM.

First-Captain

Seems like it'll be interesting and might help people reluctant to embrace the standard game without restrictions. I hope matched play is more of a gateway drug, to get people playing the OG anything goes version more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast