BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Seeking Horus Heresy Space Wolves help

Sorry if this is the wrong place but I really need help. I asked Forge World in May when I bought the Space Wolves upgrades for Betrayal at Calth. They told me to undercoat in black, thin layer of white on top, then Dark Reaper all over thinly. From there, mix Dark Reaper and Fenris Grey (I assume this to be a typo). The end result looks more 40k than Horus Heresy.
    Can anyone give me advise? I've a lot of Horus Heresy models waiting to be done, and I'm thinking of starting with Mechanicus Standard, full cover coat of Eshin Grey, wash Nuln Oil in the recesses and tidy up, then highlight Dawnstone and extreme highlight of Administratum.
    If this is the way most advise, I'll post photos here when I'm done painting.

Chapter-Master

your way sounds reasonable to me
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I spray all mine humbrol sea grey. Then a heavy nuln oil wash. Then a coded grey dry brush and maybe fortress grey second dry brush for characters if I want to go to town a bit. The result to my eyes looks very much like old skool heresy dark grey space wolves. No baby blues for me. If you want to see, use the bols search function and type in 'denzark's retro wolves'- on my phone so putting links is difficult. I have name checked old skool citadel paints above- Google the paint chart if you want to convert into a other manufacturer or a more modern GW equivalent. Hope that helps.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Just to ask, what colors are those in the new GW paint range? I'm sure Fortress Grey is something similar or exactly what Dawnstone or Administratum is in the new range, but I've no idea what Sea Grey is.

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://www.tabletopgamer.com/citadel-paint-conversion-chart-your-ultimate-guide/"]http://www.tabletopgamer.com/citadel-paint-conversion-chart-your-ultimate-guide/[/URL]

Codex Grey is Dawnstone and fortress grey is Administratum Grey.

The link is to the conversion chart.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry - Sea Grey - is a Humbrol colour not citadel. Make sure to get Matt...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.