BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Lazy's Gallery

Scout

Default Lazy's Gallery

Aloha!

I'm new to these forums, but have been lurking over at BrushThralls and Lost Hemisphere for a few months. I've got a gallery of my mini's over at [url]http://awash.lazypeon.net[/url] - the photo's aren't the best (I need to make/get a light box), but effort has to be worth something right?

Its not a huge list, but it does track my efforts over the past 18 months or so. Images are posted with the older ones to the bottom of the list ... you can see how I've improved that way.

Anyway, comments, critiques and general back-patting is encouraged. When I put up something new, I'll append it to this thread.

Grand Provost Marshal

Nice gallery! Your Paladin of the Order of the Wall is great, but there's something about those green Khador that I really, really like. The DemoCorps and Uhlans in particular are great. Thanks for posting!

Battle-Brother

Nice stuff! I concur with Faultie, the green Khador is very well done and fits very naturally with their models. Suggestion: Looking at your Butcher model, it looks like you used black inks on the gold. I think using a brown/red ink would work better and give the gold some more depth rather than just making it look dirty, unless you were going for that dirtier feel.

Scout

I didn't use any inks on Butcher, its a plain dry-brush of bronze (yes i know, the P3 metals are a bit poor like that) over black undercoat, with a gold highlight. But its a valid point.

I'm painting some Menoth at the moment, and I may re-ink some of the gold with a brown/red ink to do just what you suggest.

Thanks for the feedback.

Scout

The past two weeks ... I'm painting the Menoth battle-box up for a mate.

Crusader

Kreoss

The whites still look a little unfinished, but I really like what you've done with the burgundy. The darker-than-studio take on the red really works well, and you don't have to worry about getting too "pink" with your highlights.

Scout

Up close, you really see the poor coverage of the whites (especially on camera). On Kreoss, I feel I rushed the leg-plates especially. I intend to go over them a couple more times to try and fix them up.

As for the burgundy - I'm using the studio colours (from the Menoth book) - but its likely my shades are fuller than they need to be.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have 2 more to show you all this weekend.