BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Threaded View

Battle-Brother

Default Emerald Fists - The Siege of Bruj - Illustrated Narrative Book

"Acting on intel from the Segmentum's Inquisition, the Raven Guard 3rd company deploys a scouting party to the system of Bruj to investigate reports of a once loyal chapter, the Emerald Fists, having captured the system and enslaved the populace to their own end. What they find there spits on the friendship the 3rd Captain once thought he held with the Fists and puts both chapters into battlefield roles they were not designed for."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF6666.JPG 
Views:	450 
Size:	411.8 KB 
ID:	18829

The story details the outcome of a narrative campaign loosely based on the Badab War Campaign between the Raven Guard and my creation, the Emerald Fists. The details and events portrayed are inspired by actual in-game events as each mission evolved based on the results of the previous (some artistic license was of course taken). The heroes and events are all original and in many cases the result of dice rolls.

Name:	DSCF6669.JPG 
Views:	446 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	18830

Now that it's finished (it took me 3 years!) I've had it printed to a hardbound book by Blurb and it has a new home on my coffee table. Here's a few photos of the cover and some pages. Adobe inDesign was used to make the layouts and Photoshop was used for the image effects (I had to watch a lot of youtube videos to learn some tricks). I went with a sepia for the majority of the page layouts so as to not distract from the text. Little scrolls are present throughout the book with biographies of each of the major players.

Name:	DSCF6667.JPG 
Views:	447 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	18831

It's really a culmination of the hobby for me and allowed me to combine some story writing with gaming, painting and hanging out with the people involved. Definitely need to thank my buddy Dayne for his contributions as well. I forgot to post this here having had help from a few people on this forum (in 2013 haha) I thought I should. And besides, I like sharing

The PDF with pictures (much cooler) is available [URL="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-KvgnKEUAJRMUgzUlotZTN5NmM/view?usp=sharing"]here[/URL], be patient it's large.

Hope you like it,
    TheAmbit

More at theambit.blogspot.com
    Last edited by TheAmbit; 06-28-2016 at 11:20 PM.