BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: The Allgates

Default The Allgates

Well folks, it's been around 12 months I think 5 (including this one) books in The Realmgate Wars - and it's all about to come to a close, nice and neatly before the Summer Campaign begins.

Here's a blurb, lifted from the BoLS frontpage.

So it seems rather than seize the All-Points/Eight-Points/All-Gates (interestingly, this is the same number of names as my new flat has...coincidence?), Sigmar plans to do to it what he did to Azyr, and seal it off.

Seems a much better plan than assaulting the Varanspire, which is Archaon's home turf. Anyone who has read Call of Archaon knows just what a near impossible task that would be.

My money is, quite sensibly, on Sigmar succeeding to some degree.

Pre-orders go up this Saturday, and I'm totes in.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Looking forward to it.

Brother-Captain

This is good to see it's the sort of thing AoS was made for
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well folks, it's been around 12 months I think 5 (including this one) books in The Realmgate Wars - and it's all about to come to a close, nice and neatly before the Summer Campaign begins.

Here's a blurb, lifted from the BoLS frontpage.

So it seems rather than seize the All-Points/Eight-Points/All-Gates (interestingly, this is the same number of names as my new flat has...coincidence?), Sigmar plans to do to it what he did to Azyr, and seal it off.

Seems a much better plan than assaulting the Varanspire, which is Archaon's home turf. Anyone who has read Call of Archaon knows just what a near impossible task that would be.

My money is, quite sensibly, on Sigmar succeeding to some degree.
    I would make sense to seal them as opposed to controlling them. One of the reasons Archaon was able to seize the realms so effectively, in addition to the disunity of his opponents, was because he had near unrestricted movement between the realms thanks to the All-Gates. Sigmar knows that an alliance like the one he once had is almost impossible now so his only option is to restrict Archaon's mobility as much as possible.

JvK

Sealing the gates will not be allowed to happen. as a slave to darkness i will not permit it.

Cool

Well not to burst your bubble but by the end of the Realmgate Wars two out of the seven Chaos held gates are sealed and one is badly damaged due to the presence of an unknown power.

On a side note Vandus shows the eight realms how much of an absolute badass he is by going toe to toe with Skarbrand. Nagash acts like a complete d**K, throws a hissy fit and ruins an otherwise solid battle plan and Thostos Bladestorm is a huge idiot.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; 07-07-2016 at 08:34 AM.

DUDE!

Spoiler tags!

Please!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So they still haven't figured out what to do with Nagash since the release of his self-titled End Times book? It seems like they've taken him from menacing, powerful threat to being basically Cobra Commander as a Necromancer.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Cool

What I think is funny is that although Archaon controls the Penumbral Gate he does not control the Realm of Ulgu as every army he has ever sent there has disappeared without a trace. In fact if I remember correctly Malerion (Malekith) is one of the few people to have ever forced Archaon to withdraw in defeat.

JvK
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; 08-06-2016 at 09:47 AM.