BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    The exorcist is the model I use to demonstrate the raw essence of 40k. If they don't find a church organ tank that launches missiles mid-hymn awesome, they're probably going to find the rest of 40k too over the top.
    I know the fluff says this thing plays hymns to the God Emperor, but I an only ever imagine it playing the crescendo to the '1812 Overture'...
    Last edited by Stephen James Hand; 07-12-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Chaplain

Old school Rogue Trader 40K and Epic had the best things.

Goffik Rockers? Ork musicians that cause battlefield effects?

Hop Splat gun? A rocket with a giant ball and chain attacked so it would fly uncontrollably around the battlefield?

Mole Mortar? Why fire a shell into the air when you can shoot it underground!

Gutrippas? Tanks with guns but also with giant claws on the front?

Original Noise Marines? Their Sonic Blasters were bass guitars!

The silliest thing from newer versions in my opinion is the Repentias. Crazy Battle Sisters looking for redemption in battle and death is cool. Charging into battle naked but with scraps of parchment giving the same armor protection as the best non-powered armor the Imperium can make? No you just lost me there.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post

The silliest thing from newer versions in my opinion is the Repentias. Crazy Battle Sisters looking for redemption in battle and death is cool. Charging into battle naked but with scraps of parchment giving the same armor protection as the best non-powered armor the Imperium can make? No you just lost me there.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Repentia don't have save, though. They get a once-per-game 3+ FNP in the Assault Phase, but that's with them being T3 and thus it's easy to avert.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Repentia don't have save, though. They get a once-per-game 3+ FNP in the Assault Phase, but that's with them being T3 and thus it's easy to avert.
    Okay so it's been changed. Was still goofy as hell when they first came out.

I forgot the Squat Airship. Yes, a zeppelin with guns fighting jet aircraft and lasers. What could possibly go wrong there?

Chaplain

Depends on what the airship was filled with, Hydrogen and its one flash and you're ash time. Helium and you might have to board it to knock it out because putting a hole in the bottom is not going to let the gas out, holing the sides would have limited success to the level of the cell that is burst. So holing the top is the best option but would it be fast enough to "sink" it?

In the mean time some short ar*e heavy worlders are sitting in a stable platform that can hover without complex xenos tech and stonk anything that moves including the flyers you can see for miles. Not only that the zeplin would be big enough to carry jamming equipment to minimise the effect of guide munitions.

Losing the intellectual rights on that was silly.

Brother-Captain

Hydrogen isn't actually as bad in airships as people think, because it needs to be mixed with oxygen to explode violently. Sure, you're going to get an explosion, but it's not going to be a massive one involving the whole ship going up in one fireball. You'll be left with a hole and if that is at the top gas rapidly leaving it, but the result is similar to a helium airship being holed and the cell system will still work.

The Hindenburg disaster wasn't due to it being filled with hydrogen, it was due to the skin being made of highly flamable materials that kept the fires burning. They basically had the ingredients for thermite sitting next to hydrogen gas bladders.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123