BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah, the Exorcist is great, and I like how the most recent AM releases actually look gothic too with the Scions and (to a lesser degree) Bullgryns. First gothic Guard units since the Vostroyans really. Deathstrike is an odd one, makes more sense as an objective marker than a battlefield unit, although that doesn't stop me from owning one...

Silliest unit for me is this... thing...

It is a pity, because I like the Grimnar model riding it, but he isn't available alone... I can handle Marines riding massive, tough wolves. I can handle Marines even giving into their inner wolfiness (even if the models leave something to be desired IMO), but the dog-sled is just ridiculous.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Brother-Captain

They're all silly that's what makes it so fun. Turn it up to 11 and let it go. Thunderwolf cavalry is probably going all the way to 12 though 😏
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmas View Post
    They're all silly that's what makes it so fun. Turn it up to 11 and let it go. Thunderwolf cavalry is probably going all the way to 12 though 😏
    Don't get me wrong, I love the silly, that's why I started the thread.

Wow, I missed (or forgot) the husky sled, I think they must just've been 'In for a penny, in for a pound' at that point.

I didn't put any Ork stuff in because as has been said before, they own silly, it's their thing. I think everyone loves the Shokk Attack Gun. I was always a big fan of the Lifta Droppa too, bringing cartoon style violence to the grimdark can only be a good thing!

I love that a lot of Orky tech is actually better than everyone but Necrons.

Bubble Chukka? Superb. Smash Gun? Superb. Lifta-Droppa? Superb. And all stuff the Eldar and Imperium just can't do. Yes it's wonky and doesn't always work properly - but it still actually works!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Long range teleportation?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Not to mention the Traktor Cannon, which is hilariously good against Flyrants.
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

All that stuff. Best bit about Orks? They're just having fun.

War is instinctual to them. It's a laugh. Whilst they certainly don't shy away from torture and other nasties, to them they're mostly just having the biggest laugh they can find - there's no actual calculated malice.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Plus Orks can do this and it won't feel out of place:
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Yup!

Also, just remembered a curious piece of background. I can't remember exactly when it was printed, but I think it was pre-Codex Daemons.

In essence, it explained why Daemons aren't actually evil or malevolent. They're created from pure emotion - that others don't enjoy the same things they do.

Veteran-Sergeant

Space Marine Pauldrons, the rest of the armor is a bit much, but there is no way a marine is going to be able to raise their arms high enough to fight in hand to hand combat. Just trying to put their arms straight out to the side would cause the pauldrons to hit their helmets.

Then of course, their bolters are a bit over the top, given the size of ammo, a bolter mangazine would only hold 5-10 rounds max, there's no way you're laying down any sort of sustained fire with that,
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast