BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Librarian dreadnought/Wings question

So if a dreadnought gives itself wings of Sanguinus, and gets the ability that makes it move like jump infantry, lands in difficult terrain, what happens? Does it test for dangerous terrain? If it does and it roles a 1, what happens? Does it become immobile like a normal vehicle? Or will it take some kind of glancing or penetrating hit? My friends and I discussed this and came to a logical conclusion that since it was moving like jump infantry, it needed to roll a dangerous terrain test because it gave up its "walker" ability. If it fails it becomes immobile like a vehicle that fails its test. I actually called GW on this and they had no clue and said that what my friend and I decided was as good as it could have get at the moment. What do you guys think?

I think that sounds like an absolute excellent solution

Brother-Captain

I agree with the solution as well.
    Since walkers take any terrain test that infantry do yet is still is a vehcile, I believe the solution is reasonable.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chapter-Master

You are correct.

The walker takes a dangerous terrain test, due to moving as jump infantry.

If a vehicle rolls a 1 on a dangerous terrain test, it becomes immobilized.

Simple, really
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I say if it's a one give it a S4 hit to the rear armor. Immobilized is too punishing for a single model IMHO.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by T-ORK-amada View Post
    I actually called GW on this and they had no clue
    That's disheartening. Pg. 72 of the Rulebook, second column, third paragraph under "Moving Walkers" states that if a walker fails a dangerous terrain test, they are immobilised.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
    I say if it's a one give it a S4 hit to the rear armor. Immobilized is too punishing for a single model IMHO.
    A 1/6 chace of taking a wound with no armor saves is rather punishing. A 1/6 chance of immobilization is equally so.

But a 1/36 chance of taking a glancing hit? There's only a 0.9% chance of suffering a meaningful damage result (immobilized or weapon destroyed). Why even bother to roll?

And, as mentioned, the rules cover this anyways.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.