BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Sabo designs combat mat

Does anyone know of a company that makes somthing like the sabol designs combat mats?

Thank you
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

Banned

[URL="http://zuzzy.com/"]Zuzzy [/URL]do a line of textured rubber mats - I've not got one but I have bought their resin stuff and they've sent me a sample strip of it. Quite nice but rather pricey and really needs painting.

Veteran-Sergeant

Those Zuzzy Mats look pretty awesome. Though anyone know how well the painted versions would hold up to repeated rolling? I can't imagine acrylic paints are extremely flexible. Maybe latex paint? hmm...

Veteran-Sergeant

Are there any out there like Sabol Designs combat mats that you don't have to paint?
    SATAN in our lives is noted, all his vices often quoted and though he serves a spendid feast, at the table's head still sits the BEAST!!!!!!!!

Chaplain

I have a zuzzy mat. It took me around 4 hours to paint, not including dry time. It seems to hold up pretty good. I have rolled up mine quite a few times and have seen no paint chipping off. It has had over 20 games played on it and it still looks like the day I finished painting it. I will say that you should use a box to roll dice in if you have one on your table, dice bounce funny on the latex. I painted mine with acrylics from walmart, thinned out a bunch with water.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by fade_74 View Post
    I have a zuzzy mat. It took me around 4 hours to paint, not including dry time. It seems to hold up pretty good. I have rolled up mine quite a few times and have seen no paint chipping off. It has had over 20 games played on it and it still looks like the day I finished painting it. I will say that you should use a box to roll dice in if you have one on your table, dice bounce funny on the latex. I painted mine with acrylics from walmart, thinned out a bunch with water.

Hello

Thank you can post a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    [URL="http://zuzzy.com/"]Zuzzy [/URL]do a line of textured rubber mats - I've not got one but I have bought their resin stuff and they've sent me a sample strip of it. Quite nice but rather pricey and really needs painting.
    Quote Originally Posted by joescalise View Post
    Hello

Thank you can post a picture?
    If you look above, there is a link to zuzzy where you can find pictures of their mats and terrain pieces.
    Check it: http://hotschnitzel.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=4302&page=7[/url]

there is a pic of it with some terrain on it in this thread.

When we had an art chap come to look at our paintings, he said to store un-framed paintings rolled up with he painted side inside, as it minimises the amount of strain placed on the painted surface. I wonder if that would help with these mats.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!