BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    There will be a Price Increase in the US new pricing takes effect May 31st

They list all the product line and first 145 items are LOTR and the increases are almost all on metal blisters going form 22 to 24.75.

Some Highlights
    AOBR for to 90 Dollars that is crazy pricing that is an increase of 15 dollars
    Battle Missions goes to 29.00
    Catachans go to 24.75 ? why?
    CSM go to 37.25
    Codex's go to 29 form 25.00
    Predator goes to 44.50
    Land Raider goes to 62.00
    Defiler - 62.00
    Vindicator - 44.50
    Wraithlord - 44.5
    Wave serpent - 44.5
    Cadian's - 24.75
    Tactical Squad - 37.25
    Assault Squad - 29.75
    Ironclad - 44.50
    Ork Boyz - 24.75
    Battlewagon - 62.00
    Hammerhead - 44.5
    Skyray - 44.50
    Army books - 29.00

Those are the highlights

I hope this does not make people freak out

Robert
    Bitzbarn can you please proivde full list breakdown of the 145 items - thanks in advance.

As for other countries expect price increases of a similar nature. Times are difficult for all businesses during this current difficult economic climate and, some of the kits / sets do need a price alignment compared to others....

Doesn't freak me out but was expecting it and I would expect another sometime later on possibly next year.
    Last edited by DadExtraordinaire; 05-13-2010 at 02:23 AM. Reason: a bit too harsh

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    Greed is Good Greed Make people try new things and make new things SO please DO not knock Greed. Unethical Greed like Madoff is Bad but a Public Company wanting to make more $ is what they should be doing
    Coporate greed is good? A public Comapny wanting to make more money? Are you kidding me? For lots of public companies, even private ones, 10 million profit is not good enough, they need 20 million then. So instead of 10 million profit many people have to loose thier jobs just so they can get that little bit more.

No that is unethical. Many families ruined. Many people left workles, just so a few people can have a little bit more moeny. So instead of everyone doing well, and a few people having 10 million dollars, now many people have to do with out, so the few people can have 15 million now? Now that is being selfish and unethical.

Many companies make so much money, but they have to squeeze and make people suffer, so they can get a little bit more. That my friend is unethical.

But then again, as Eldargal said, some will quit, some will come back, GW don't care, they keep getting fresh blood all the time it dosn't matter, they keep getting moeny.

So now there is 3 constants in the Universe. Death, taxes and GW raising prices.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Captain

This is just dumb.
    Now I hope that 8th edition fantasty sucks, so I don't even want to buy the main rule book.
    Go bankrupt already GW.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Other than a few bitz purchases from the War Store (and paint), I'm glad I've already bought all the major GW items that I'll need for the next few years.

Well... I might buy the new plastic GK terminators later in the year (if they exist)...

Price hikes suck, but business is business...

The AoBR price jump boggles me the most. It's their introductory product, the one that gets people hooked and gets GW's foot in the door/hand in their wallet. It's the product that you want to be the most affordable for new players. Spiking the price up to $90 has a good chance of pricing someone who's curious and wants to give the game a go out of the hobby before they're in it.

The Dark Mechanic

Default AoBR Price Jump Boggles; Beasts Of War video discusses price rise

AoBR price jump boggles...
    I would tend to agree for the reasons stated above. So would a lot of others.

Have you watched this video on the topic from Beasts Of War? It's surprisingly interesting and says the same thing about Core starter set pricing...
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqwnwJQrHSk&feature=player_embedded#at=123 2[/url]

By the way, good job Loungers for keeping this discussion civil. Two threads on this topic have already been locked on Dakkadakka for getting terribly uncivil.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 05-13-2010 at 09:30 AM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by NockerGeek View Post
    The AoBR price jump boggles me the most. It's their introductory product, the one that gets people hooked and gets GW's foot in the door/hand in their wallet. It's the product that you want to be the most affordable for new players. Spiking the price up to $90 has a good chance of pricing someone who's curious and wants to give the game a go out of the hobby before they're in it.
    That would be my concern with the price hike on the intro set. I would think it would be a good business plan to get the intro set as inexpensive as possible to get people involved. Obviously we all love their products and are willing to pay for them, but if you have to lay out over $100 to get started that may turn people away, especially kids who are trying to get their parents to lay out the money.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NockerGeek View Post
    I think I figured out why AoBR price increase. The box is not getting fresh blook into the GW stores. I believe it did what it could, and that was most of the 40K players bought AoBR instead of fresh blood, so with all the 'vetreans' or people who are already in 40K picked up AoBR for the great deal, like me, instead of getting new people into the hobby.

So to cut their losses since no fresh blood is buying the boxset they increased the prices for people who are already in 40K and want to start a new Ork or SM army.

Well it's a guess, otherwise it boggles my mind too. Why disencourage new people into their hobby. I guess not that AoBR is almost the same cost of a battleforce boxset, it will make people buy those instead now. Again, why turn of new potential customers from getting into the hobby. I know I would never ever get into GW when a beginers box set costs $100 Canadian. I got into it when it was about $50. Now the price is doubled since 3rd edtion? That is what, 1995 or so? So while the battleforce box sets went up about 25% from when I first started, the begininer set costs double? WTF?!
    Last edited by HsojVvad; 05-13-2010 at 09:37 AM.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Brother-Sergeant

An already expensive game keeps getting more so.

I know they are getting huge profit margines already... We need a break.

Two things...

Price adjustments happen every year and have for at least the past 4. (That's what I can remember from my time with the company, but they more than likely happened on regular intervals before.)

Look at any well put together and sizable board game and you're paying around $100. If there are expansions to it (a la Descent) you will be paying $50-$60 per expansion. The price isn't that unreasonable for an intro set.

IMO people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Sad part is it will happen even if they lower prices on things.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast