BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Why not a techmarine guy for Obliterators? Four arms, different weapon on each. The arms bring the weapon for the marine to hold when he wants to fire it.

A Contemptor could be converted to something like a Maulerfiend.
    "There's no use permitting some prophet of doom to wipe all your smiles away!"

Chapter-Master

I like that idea.

Fill the armour so it's level with all the trim and looks heavier/bulkier, would totally work.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Thing is....that's rapidly getting beyond my ability to actually do.

Painting I'm confident with now - airbrush conquers all (expect some kind of demo experiment models fairly soon. Next few weeks anyways)

But greenstuff a model's panels flat? Somewhat beyond my comfort and competence zone. For now.

You know, I might get those bulky Mechanicus guys to be the Obliterators?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

That's about all I'd feel comfortable doing with green stuff, you have a rim to work to

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Path Walker View Post
    You could just not have them? That would be my answer, you don't need to represent every unit and, I think its fitting that an Alpha Legion cell wouldn't have Obliteraters, given that they're obviously corrupted. I find restricting models is often a good way of making a cohesive and fluffy army. Would the Alpha Legion has need of something as big, noisy and obvious as a Daemon Engine?
    Depends what they're preparing the way for. I mean, a Chaos Cult can't exactly kick off with 'YEAH! SACRIFICE YOUR KIDS TO ME!' after all. It's subtler and more insidious than that. Begins with populist nonsense (consider UKIP during the referendum) and builds towards stuff.

And I frankly love the idea of proper stealthy Alpha Legionnaires arriving planetside as individuals, and beginning to ferment Cult activity....then, after a period of time, turn up at Company Strength (more than enough to knack a planet, according to the background), and expose, root out and destroy the very Cults they started....before, well well well....IT WAS THE RULING CLASS ALL ALONG! GET THEM! Then once things are thoroughly destabilised, and you've given the rebellious side just enough dodgy prayers to start them down the eight fold path themselves, but before the Imperium comes to properly deal with stuff.....everyone back on ship, our work here is done. See ya later, losers.

A mechanism to bleed the Imperium dry, without ever truly risking your own strength.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    That's about all I'd feel comfortable doing with green stuff, you have a rim to work to
    It sounds easy in theory, but I'd want it to be super, super smooth and flawless.

You know, I think I'm gonna have to go write up the army first, see where whimsy takes me.

MkIV bikers? I think so....because I love love love those models.

Blimey, I'm being extra extra emphatic today!
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 07-07-2016 at 01:54 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It sounds easy in theory, but I'd want it to be super, super smooth and flawless.

You know, I think I'm gonna have to go write up the army first, see where whimsy takes me.

MkIV bikers? I think so....because I love love love those models.

Blimey, I'm being extra extra emphatic today!
    Milliput Superfine. You can use water to smooth it, and then after you can sand it. And if you mess up you put on another thin layer and sand that. It's much more forgiving than greenstuff for those sort of mechanical flat surfaces.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Interesting. I shall have a word with Artificer Fatboy, my chief bloke in being good at artsy stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12