How do?

So some may recall from old threads I've long harboured a plan to field a CSM force comprised of Heresy era armoured Alpha Legion - a force with no outward signs of corruption.

No spikes. No eight pointed stars. Nothing. Just plain, straight up MkIV (because Calth, screw you!) Alpha Legion.

To briefly recap the background concept, they represent efforts to destabilise regions. Show up, accuse the Planertary or System rules of being corrupted Heretics, ferment and lead rebellion, before pulling out when things properly hot up.

Rather than go for an Unbound hotch-potch proxy nightmare, I'm looking to stick to the CSM book......just not the models.

The core stuff is easy. MkIV Astartes are CSM, regadless of armament. Basic Guardsmen models will be my Cultists - there's no functional difference between autoguns and las guns in-game. Terminators are likewise nice and straight forward.

But then things get a bit trickier.

I like the rules for both Mutilators and Obliterators, but the models are far too overt for my concept. Closest in bulk, and design are of course the Centurions. But I fear this is where the proxying might get a bit much for some.

So I'm looking for a litmus test from the good folk of BoLS as to where the 'counts as' goes beyond the pale, as well any ideas I can shamelessly pinch to represent Daemon Engines (except Blight Drones, which have an ideal FW Proxy on the way!)

Oh, and have finally decided to crack on thanks to Calth making the bulk of my force affordable (yes, I could've used MKVII plastics, but man.....all those Aquilas would have to come off!). That any I now own an airbrush so can copy FW's gorgeous paint scheme.