BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Comics?

Hybrid View

Chapter-Master

Default Comics?

So we appear to be getting comics

[URL="http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34872/exclusive-warhammer-40k-comic-creative-team-covers-release-date"]source[/URL]

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Cautiously optimistic about this, could be excellent if done right.

Female Inquisitor protagonist should please the BoLS Lesbian Mafia as well. :P
    Read the above in a Tachikoma voice.

Chapter-Master

You may say that I couldn't possibly comment

I wonder where they'll retail. Forbidden planet and the like or GW themselves?

Probably GW and Online, to pull punters in.

Chapter-Master

Not a widen their audience gig?

GW moves in mysterious ways these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Cautiously optimistic about this, could be excellent if done right.

Female Inquisitor protagonist should please the BoLS Lesbian Mafia as well. :P
    I am also cautiously optimistic. Starting off with a (the?) main character as a non-sexualised woman is always a good start, hopefully they write her well.

Yes it does.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I imagine they'll be in comics shops (though those often overlap with game stores here in the US).

I find it amusing they have a female character who looks normal... they seem to be okay with writing them from time to time, but still can't pull it off in-game, despite being supposedly (only according to them and rabid fans) "the best miniatures maker on the planet." It'll be a shame if someone reads these and then looks for a proper model and realizes they have to go third-party for it.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

That's them in a nutshell though, from a background perspective they do ok with diversity, they just completely fail when it comes to delivering models, and as a model company its a pretty significant issue.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It's the thing I can least explain with them... You'd think with all those sculptors, they could pull it off, even with CAD.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.