BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comics?

Chapter-Master

I do rather love that film.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I'm so pretty! I'm gonna hit you so hard, you're children'll be born bruised!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeGrunt View Post
    Cautiously optimistic about this, could be excellent if done right.

Female Inquisitor protagonist should please the BoLS Lesbian Mafia as well. :P
    I am also cautiously optimistic. Starting off with a (the?) main character as a non-sexualised woman is always a good start, hopefully they write her well.

Yes it does.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I imagine they'll be in comics shops (though those often overlap with game stores here in the US).

I find it amusing they have a female character who looks normal... they seem to be okay with writing them from time to time, but still can't pull it off in-game, despite being supposedly (only according to them and rabid fans) "the best miniatures maker on the planet." It'll be a shame if someone reads these and then looks for a proper model and realizes they have to go third-party for it.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

That's them in a nutshell though, from a background perspective they do ok with diversity, they just completely fail when it comes to delivering models, and as a model company its a pretty significant issue.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

It's the thing I can least explain with them... You'd think with all those sculptors, they could pull it off, even with CAD.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

I feel stoopid now, just seen this directly after asking the question on the other thread.

If the comic can be anything like the old Warhammer Monthly or whatever it was called, it could be good, if it could surpass that?!! Well then, just damn!!

If they ran it on the 2000AD template, it could have serious legs.

For those not familiar with that corner stone of the British Comic industry, it's a very long running anthology comic, home to Judge Dredd.

A lot of its tales are based on some facet of Dredd's world, exploring areas and events not directly linked to the Lawman of the Future And Ultimate Expression Of The Police State. The same could be pulled off with 40k - and you've instantly got cross-over potential. Same goes for the Mortal Realms.

Trick of course is to hit a Dredd like cult strip - get that, and it can carry your comic through leaner times, and god knows 2000AD has had those!

(Interesting fact? Judge Dredd is a single timeline and has been running since 1977!. Everything that happens, stays happened)
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 08-09-2016 at 01:37 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12