BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Kharn: Eater of Worlds novel

**************************SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS****************************************** *

ok the book seems to be just post-heresy, with the World Eaters frequently mentioning the failed siege of Terra. But, there are a lot of details lacking, (somehow Kharn got killed during the siege) and it feels like there should be another book prior to this one detailing the World Eaters part in the siege, and what the hell happened to Angron: in this book Angron has previously left the Legion for parts unknown. He is a demon prince at this point, but there's no discussion of the circumstances of why he left (yes, I get it, he's a demon and probably can't exist in the materium without a lot of effort, but in this book the World Eaters are entering the Eye - one would think Angron could openly exist there.) Also, they have a single Emp's Children legionary with the World Eaters, who's background and reason for being there is never explained.
    There's more going on - they need Kharn to unite the Legion because it's beginning to splinter into warbands (oh the irony).
    I dunno, the story felt kind of useless, with a lot of lot of loose ends: one of the human crew orchestrates an infiltration by a rival warband to the flagship so they can kill Kharn while he's dead. Yep. But there's no consequences or follow up on this.
    The World Eaters know of Khorne - the former chaplains are now called blood priests, in service to Khorne.
    Finally, the Emp Children and World Eaters fight over an eldar krone world, that's in a pocket of materium deep within the eye, and Kharn dubs it SKalathrax. Now, most of us know what happens at Skalathrax with Kharn, but the planet they are on does not seem to resemble that fluff, which is a bit confusing.
    Last edited by Jmaximum; 07-16-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typos

no other thoughts or comments?

....did anyone else read the book?

Battle-Brother

I have yet to read this novel but with my interest in Khorne and those surrounding him (as if the name wasn't obvious) I should... although with your description it sounds like this book was somewhat of a mess.