BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default trying to decide between two armies

So with age of sigmar I was thinking abotu starting a new army but I cant decide between Sylvan and the Nighthaunts. Both because I really like the ghostly effects on them But I am really not sure which to go with and was hoping there were people that have tried them that could tell me a bit about how they handle and maybe a good starting point for sylvaneth since they dont have a start collecting box.

I've only got limited experience with Nighthaunts (that is, using them as part of a larger force), but the Ethereal ability on almost all of them can't be overlooked. Cast Mystic Shield on a unit of Hexwraiths and they're pretty tough buggers that can take a lot of hits and deal out some nice damage of their own in return.

I haven't played Sylvaneth yet, but for getting started, I'd recommend Dryads as a "core" unit; at least one Treelord, Spirit of Durthu, or Drycha Hamadreth as a big nasty to hit stuff hard (and distract the enemy); and season with Revenants and Kurnoth Hunters as suits your style.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

The Sylvaneth new battletome is an awesome release. You will have a tonne of fun playing as them!
    www.ageofsigmarking.com

Why not do both, a magical wood filled with the spirits of all who died inside, the two aesthetics would go really well together

First-Captain

Good news! Sylvaneth have a Start Collecting Box out this weekend!

As Dyolfnai says, combining both could be really thematic and cool really cool. You'd need to get an opponents permission before using them combined for Matched Play, if that bothers you at all.

Yup.

And with the general 'look, nobody be a phallus, nobody like a phallus game' vibe of AoS, I can't see anyone really objecting
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks