BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is this an alright proxy?

Just bought a chaplain and it says I can take termi armor for him... Can I say I have termi armor even though I got the jump pack model?

Veteran-Sergeant

that would be up to you're opponent. Some people won't mind, as they understand that not everyone has to money to buy a model to try it out, but others are sticklers for wargear being represented properly
    Yes I misspell stuff, you'll live.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Damikes View Post
    Just bought a chaplain and it says I can take termi armor for him... Can I say I have termi armor even though I got the jump pack model?
    Yeah, you just say the internals of the jump pack have been removed and replaced by a Spaz-Dichman field generator, augments regular save by 1 and gives a 5++.
    "Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!"

Chapter-Master

I would hope any opponent day-to-day would be fine with this, but of course after a while regular opponents may prefer you to update. Many tournaments would not allow such blatant proxies - especially if they are hard over on base sizes (terminator 40mm, marine 25/30mm etc).
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Base size is your main issue there, but I don't think that many gamers would kick up too much of a fuss.

If he's your sole character, or indeed sole Chaplain, then WYSIWYG is a lesser issue, because there's nothing else he can be easily confused with (compare to Guard Proxy Hell, where their various special and heavy weapons might be anything)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I wouldn't mind at all personally, but I'm pretty easy going and laid back about that sort of thing, it's only a game.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

If you're just testing out whether you want to equip your model that way or not, sure.

If you had any other chaplains in your army that it could be confused with, then no. (So if you had two chaplains with jump packs and said one of them is terminator armour, I'd have issues with that.) And I'd be slightly dubious if you had other jump pack or terminator armour HQs/ICs that it was able to be confused with too. A distinctive paint scheme can help here, whereas bare metal/plastic for both makes it impossible to tell what is what at a glance.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

If base size is an "issue" for anyone, just grab a 40mm base and some blu-tac or similar temporary sticky substance and attach the model's regular base on top of the 40mm base. Sure, it adds a little height, but the jump pack's probably doing that to start with, and it's not like a Chaplain's going to be hiding like some weedy git (looking at you, Chapter Master who hides and calls in orbital strikes...).
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chaplain

The easiest way to fix the base size is to slip a magnet under his base and put one under a 40mm base, that way it is a noticable proxy with the option of gaming as a jump marine in other games. I used this method to attach IG troopers to a larger base for heavy weapons teams. It made them easier to transport and provided options for fielding them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast